• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which team will be the strongest team in the tour 2013?

Strongest team in the tour 2013?

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Many great teams this year. A lot of teams are already confirmed, still some to come but we know who of the main guys will be in each team which is more than enough to do this.

Is it the skyborgs? What about Saxo? on paper a very good team.

Movistar has some great ones to play out. BMC? Katusha? Blanco :)o)? Europcar? Astana?

For me it's a real tough choice between movistar, sky and saxo. They really have amazing teams.

Edit: I swore to myself that i wasn't gonna forget a team and it happened...Forgot radioshack :eek:, yea make the jokes...

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
In that order:

Sky
Movistar
Katusha
Europcar
Saxo

At least in mountains. Europcar gets nod over Saxo as they always get unbelievably strong during July :D

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:
If the team classification was the most important one, then movistar would be favourites imo.

Don't forget Radioshack. They will probably have around 4-5 guys in the top-25/30 like recent years

BTW: Why no OPQS-option? They will win at least 5 stages

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
In that order:

Sky
Movistar
Katusha
Europcar
Saxo

At least in mountains. Europcar gets nod over Saxo as they always get unbelievably strong during July :D

Sky seem to be able to boss the peleton in the way that US Postal and the Disco boys did back in the day. Yes Movistar and Saxo are good, but they havent got the strength in depth that Sky have.

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
There wouldn't be so much talk about the Skyborgs if they weren't so ridiculously strong. Pretty clear they have the no.1 team. Saxo and Movistar probably the best of the rest, although Saxo included Noval so effectively they have 8 man left already.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
3 teams I think will be especially strong.
Movistar- they have 3 guys capable of stage wins in Costa, Quintana, and Valverde. Plus Valverde is capable of a high GC placing, and Quintana is capable of challenging for white. Plus Movistar have shown themselves to become very strong in the TTT

Sky- Lots of strong guys on the team, capable of taking multiple stages just with Froome, and favorites to take overall. They'll be the team expected to take complete control the entire race, just expecting this shows how strong their team is.

Europcar- Multiple guys that can take stage wins from breaks, Voeckler if he picks the right break could put himself in yellow and finish well. Also have a GC contender in Rolland. This is their big race, their ready, expect to see them often.

And in terms of mostly stage wins, an honorable mention to OPQS. With Cav they can win 5+ stages at least, they can win the TTT, got Tony Martin for TT's, Chavanel for breaks and maybe yellow too, and Kwiatkowski to fight for white (although he's unproven). If Kwiatkowski ends up with a top 10 in GC and the other guys perform they could very well end up being stronger than all 3 of the previous teams.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
In that order:

Sky
Movistar
Katusha
Europcar
Saxo

IMHO Europcar are raiders after stage wins with the likes of Cyril Gautier and Voeckler rather than team honours As for Roland, he will flatter to decieve, he just aint right.

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
xanadu said:
Sky seem to be able to boss the peleton in the way that US Postal and the Disco boys did back in the day. Yes Movistar and Saxo are good, but they havent got the strength in depth that Sky have.

What have we learned about what it takes to ride like the postmen and disco boys? But yeah, the SKY bots will totally dominate this if we speak gc wise.

Always talking about the best. Let's talk about the worst (BIG LOL @ the Blanco option tho!)

eukaltel-2.jpg

VS

stijn_devolder_crash_600.jpg

Miburo said:
Many great teams this year. A lot of teams are already confirmed, still some to come but we know who of the main guys will be in each team which is more than enough to do this.

Is it the skyborgs? What about Saxo? on paper a very good team.

Movistar has some great ones to play out. BMC? Katusha? Blanco :)o)? Europcar? Astana?

For me it's a real tough choice between movistar, sky and saxo. They really have amazing teams.

Edit: I swore to myself that i wasn't gonna forget a team and it happened...Forgot radioshack :eek:, yea make the jokes...
It's such an interesting tendency of Dutchies to ridicule their own, as you do with Blanco. Just exclude them from the poll if you don't think they stand a chance.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
theyoungest said:
It's such an interesting tendency of Dutchies to ridicule their own, as you do with Blanco. Just exclude them from the poll if you don't think they stand a chance.

I'm not a dutchie ;)

TRENDING THREADS