• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is the moral winner of this year's Milano - Sanremo?

Who is the moral winner of this year's Milano - Sanremo?

• There are no moral winner - this is cycling after all

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Démare

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • Bouhanni

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Gaviria

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Sagan

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Swift

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Roelandts

• Other/Vino

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Démare crossed the line first and is the official winner, but he probably got there by illegal means.
Bouhanni had a mechanical when he launched his sprint, yet still finished 4th.
Gaviria was in a good position and was looking beasty before he took himself out with 300m to go.
Sagan was on Gaviria's wheel when he crashed, and lost his chance to do a proper sprint.
Swift got 2nd behind Démare, so would be the winner if he got DQ'ed.
Roelandts got 3rd, and unlike Swift he wasn't depending on Démare leading him out.

So who is the moral winner?

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Netserk said:
Démare crossed the line first and is the official winner, but he probably got there by illegal means.
Bouhanni had a mechanical when he launched his sprint, yet still finished 4th.
Gaviria was in a good position and was looking beasty before he took himself out with 300m to go.
Sagan was on Gaviria's wheel when he crashed, and lost his chance to do a proper sprint.
Swift got 2nd behind Démare, so would be the winner if he got DQ'ed.
Roelandts got 3rd, and unlike Swift he wasn't depending on Démare leading him out.

So who is the moral winner?

You can add Stybar to your "unlucky" list. Styby hit a loose dog ... :eek:

He tweeted:

"I hope that the DOG which I hit in full speed in downhill of Cipressa doesn't have any injuries..."

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Everytime Cycling news and the fans have a chance when they don`t like the result they will try to change it somehow by writing, arguing and so on. However, if Ben Swift didn't come in second you would hear a bip from anybody!

Re:

bikinggirl said:
Everytime Cycling news and the fans have a chance when they don`t like the result they will try to change it somehow by writing, arguing and so on. However, if Ben Swift didn't come in second you would hear a bip from anybody!
Your logic is lost on me. Are you suggesting CN forum members love Ben Swift so they are crying foul but if it had been someone else second, they wouldn't have complained?

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
bikinggirl said:
Your logic is lost on me. Are you suggesting CN forum members love Ben Swift so they are crying foul but if it had been someone else second, they wouldn't have complained?
You got that right, not only Ben Swift but any Sky rider.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

bikinggirl said:
LaFlorecita said:
bikinggirl said:
You got that right, not only Ben Swift but any Sky rider.

let me assure you that there are more SKY haters around here than SKY supporters.

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

TMP402 said:
bikinggirl said:

This might be the most insane comment on the whole forum.
I don`t hate Sky, I just want objectivity.

TRENDING THREADS