• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is this rider !!!!

Oleg Tinkoff said this in his interview with Cyclingnews today

"I'll reveal something important. Last year there was a rider, quite a famous rider, who we were considering for the team but we didn’t sign him because our experts and our doctors looked at his Biological Passport data and thought there was something wrong with it, with irregularities in there. But one of the other major teams in the peloton did sign him and the UCI was okay with it and now this rider is racing.

ok guys lets have your thoughts on who it is !!!!!!

orbeas said:
Oleg Tinkoff said this in his interview with Cyclingnews today

"I'll reveal something important. Last year there was a rider, quite a famous rider, who we were considering for the team but we didn’t sign him because our experts and our doctors looked at his Biological Passport data and thought there was something wrong with it, with irregularities in there. But one of the other major teams in the peloton did sign him and the UCI was okay with it and now this rider is racing.

ok guys lets have your thoughts on who it is !!!!!!

Parody of Sky when they set up, they said that they had tried to sign a big name but had elected not to after seeing their biopassport, but did not say who it was. Nibali and Pellizotti were the two names bandied about.

Names of arguably requisite level who changed team last year:

- Igor Antón, Euskaltel to Movistar
- Jan Bakelants, Radioshack to Omega Pharma
- Rui Costa, Movistar to Lampre
- Thomas de Gendt, Vacansoleil to Omega Pharma
- John Gadret, Ag2r to Movistar
- Tony Gallopin, Radioshack to Lotto
- Chris Horner, Radioshack to Lampre
- Maxime Monfort, Radioshack to Lotto
- Mikel Nieve, Euskaltel to Sky
- Wout Poels, Vacansoleil to Omega Pharma
- Samuel Sánchez, Euskaltel to BMC
- Michele Scarponi, Lampre to Astana
- Rigoberto Urán, Sky to Omega Pharma
- Peter Velits, Omega Pharma to BMC
- Lieuwe Westra, Vacansoleil to Astana

Any I'm missing? Given how persistent the Samu to join Contador rumours were, he's the most immediate fit candidate, but Horner and Scarponi are also reasonable shouts.

But let's face it: by this point, taking Oleg Tinkov on his word is risky business at best.

LL Sanchez signed with a pro-conti team, so he can't be it. Rebellin is obviously wrong since Tinkov was talking about last year and he also signed with a small team then. Westra, Poels, Gallopin, Monfort, Velits and Bakelants don't seem to apply as they aren't exactly 'quite a famous rider.'

Anton, Rui Costa, Sammy S, Scarponi and Horner seem good possibilities.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
sir fly said:
It's Tinkov's imaginary friend in the war against UCI through media.

Entire interview is just a pile of rubbish.
Every day he confirms he's just an arrogant lout full of money.

Spot on. Summarize the whole interview:
"But I'm not looking to start a war (but his actions speak the opposite), I'm just trying to change cycling, to make it better (LOL)." Translation: "I wanna milk more money out of it, as much as I can, and let the fans pay it; my manisons". The talk of a neo capitalist who cares about one thing... himself.
But I guess ASO has clever people too. They won´t make business with him. This is not Jelzin-Russia...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Yeah right. I'd be really really interested to know how Oleg is milking any money out the sport of cycling right now?

Are you 5? Improve your reading skills before posting. Thank you very much upfront.
BTW, I am not the first one realizing you have major troubles in fundamental understanding...
Yikes, it´s like Kindergarten every time with you... The bolded may help you... or not.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Almeisan said:
I think it is Sagan.

Abramovich sure milked a lot of money out of football. I guess Tinkov wants to follow that example. Better have fun before Putin falls and you end up as Berezovsky

Your tongue is firmly in your cheek as Abramovich does make money out of Chelski.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Spot on. Summarize the whole interview:
"But I'm not looking to start a war (but his actions speak the opposite), I'm just trying to change cycling, to make it better (LOL)." Translation: "I wanna milk more money out of it, as much as I can, and let the fans pay it; my manisons". The talk of a neo capitalist who cares about one thing... himself.
But I guess ASO has clever people too. They won´t make business with him. This is not Jelzin-Russia...

Here, I have bolded and underlined the word that you wrote, that lead me to ask the question I asked.

Can you see it?

It's the word, "more".

Which implies Oleg wants to increase what he is already milking.

If he wasn't milking any money, the English expression would be, "milk some money", not "milk more money".

Please note that at no point have I insulted you or put you down.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Please note that at no point have I insulted you or put you down.

You have a ton of times. But thanks to moderator Afrank your posts got deleted. You always come up with an arrogant undertone in an agressive way. Got lots of PMs who confirmed its not only happening to me.
Like a 5-year old that didn´t got his sweets.

P.S.: I give you that one "more". Congrats, you won a internet debate on nit-picking. Great job. :rolleyes:

Dear Wiggo said:
I'll continue to point out your posts, with emphasis, and query your claims, but hey, at least I am not pretending to hold a position for the express purpose of trolling the forum.

And I´ll continue to hit back. Inch for inch. Who are you, to pretend to be the owner of truth when you know so little of cycling and businerss? (Also confirmed by other posters)

Change your style, and behave in normal manners if people don´t share your POV. Grow up. And finally be aware I never ever hit out first. But when I get attacked, I go as low as possible...

Good night, and good luck.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
You have a ton of times. But thanks to moderator Afrank your posts got deleted. You always come up with an arrogant undertone in an agressive way. Got lots of PMs who confirmed its not only happening to me.
Like a 5-year old that didn´t got his sweets.

P.S.: I give you that one "more". Congrats, you won a internet debate on nit-picking. Great job. :rolleyes:

And I´ll continue to hit back. Inch for inch. Who are you, to pretend to be the owner of truth when you know so little of cycling and businerss? (Also confirmed by other posters)

Change your style, and behave in normal manners if people don´t share your POV. Grow up. And finally be aware I never ever hit out first. But when I get attacked, I go as low as possible...

Good night, and good luck.

Wow. You can't show a single insult, but claim hundreds.

And the alleged spineless cowards talking behind my back. Wow again.

I ask a single question and you can't answer it - you insult, and attack, because I asked a question.

You're projecting your own aggressiveness onto my posts. It's very telling.

You troll the forum for months.

And now act all mod-like, telling me to change my style. Like yours? Insult and troll anyone who dares question me?

No thanks.

TRENDING THREADS