• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who wants the old Ronde circuit back?

Who wants the old circuit of the Ronde back?

• Couldn't care less, I just watch the Tour de France

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Is there anyone who's pleased with this route? Apart from the organisers that is...

No true cycling fan is.

Great win by Cance, soloing away and everything, but very boring up to that, bring back the old route!

May 28, 2012
Visit site
It seems people forgot the old Flanders route was a waiting game as well, and that some of us are being overly conservative. We've seen the best three riders of the race on the podium for two years in a row, so what's the big deal? I guess I'm too young for this discussion though...

Pentacycle said:
It seems people forgot the old Flanders route was a waiting game as well, and that some of us are being overly conservative. We've seen the best three riders of the race on the podium for two years in a row, so what's the big deal? I guess I'm too young for this discussion though...

what? that's nonsense rewatch every ronde from 08 to 2011 in all of them the favourites started to move from further then 50k out and on all of them cept 2011 the winning rider made his move from nearly the same distance.

this course is bland, has no feeling to it and so far has miserably failed to produce exciting racing.

also circuits on a monument? no thank you very much

Old route:
Fm0gzD1.png

oSdfqdc.png

New route:
b5brKWc.png

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Parrulo said:
what? that's nonsense rewatch every ronde from 08 to 2011 in all of them the favourites started to move from further then 50k out and on all of them cept 2011 the winning rider made his move from nearly the same distance.

this course is bland, has no feeling to it and so far has miserably failed to produce exciting racing.

also circuits on a monument? no thank you very much

Are you calling Devolder a favourite as well? Was Cancellara riding very smartly in 2011? In 2010 it was clear who the strongest riders were, the two favourites rode away and noone had anything left to chase them.

At least the current parcours allows the strongest riders to win, although it would be a shame if sub top-riders don't have any chance to win. Lack of possible scenarios is the only possible objection against the route change.

Pentacycle said:
Are you calling Devolder a favourite as well? Was Cancellara riding very smartly in 2011? In 2010 it was clear who the strongest riders were, the two favourites rode away and noone had anything left to chase them.

At least the current parcours allows the strongest riders to win, although it would be a shame if sub top-riders don't have any chance to win. Lack of possible scenarios is the only possible objection against the route change.
How about this as an argument:
2012 and 2013 are the worst editions I have ever seen.

2011 is still on of the best one-day races of recent times.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
How about this as an argument:
2012 and 2013 are the worst editions I have ever seen.

2011 is still on of the best one-day races of recent times.

Can't argue with that. Last year was a good edition IMO with lots of attacks, too bad Boonen won though as he was only sucking wheels on the climbs. This year it was a shame everyone waited too long, but apparently all other favourites thought they could follow the best. They thought wrong, but in fact Radishack rode very good today, they even managed to find a use for Devolder.

TRENDING THREADS