Who will LA take down with him?

Granted many have (or tried) to wash their hands of him, but the associations and influence LA had in the peloton - are there any other riders likely to be hurt from the guys fall from grace? - particularly perhaps the English speaking riders,

Cavendish? Wiggins? :(
 
MellowJohnny said:
Granted many have (or tried) to wash their hands of him, but the associations and influence LA had in the peloton - are there any other riders likely to be hurt from the guys fall from grace? - particularly perhaps the English speaking riders,

Cavendish? Wiggins? :(
Cavendish and Wiggins :confused: how??
 
no-one

MellowJohnny said:
Granted many have (or tried) to wash their hands of him, but the associations and influence LA had in the peloton - are there any other riders likely to be hurt from the guys fall from grace? - particularly perhaps the English speaking riders,

Cavendish? Wiggins? :(
no-one................lance is going to be very much hiding

only appearing in small unaffiliated sporting events
 
I just wonder if any more links are to come out in the near future?

Granted I may be very naive and green about the cycling world (the username may prove that) - but I remember watching a Youtube video of LA, Hincapie and Cavendish, at the time I felt LA may have been trying to look out for Cavendish (be it the English speakers vs the rest) - but having read 'The Secret Race' - I can't help but feel he was maybe doing the same thing as he did to Tyler Hamilton?

Wiggins I'm not sure, but the fact that he came out and said he'd barely raced with LA makes me think, one he was very drunk at the time of interview or two he's trying to distance himself with LA.
 
Jul 23, 2009
2,891
1
0
Hard to think he could take down anyone outside of the people known to have worked with him. After 15 years of denials, if he took aim at the current tour champ at this point he would only look more desperate and pathetic than usual. It would be hard for him to even take down Contador without some pretty strong corroboration from someone who isn't one of accused (ie not Johan). Lance used to pack a howitzer; it's been downsized to a cap gun.
 
Sep 13, 2010
546
0
0
After watching History Channel's "Men who built America", seeing how ruthless they could be whilst hiding behind their philanthropy (I won't vouch for the historical accuracy), I couldn't help but make a connection. It's all about winning against the other guy and it's not something that just goes away.

It's clearly not in LA's personality to just go away. Life's a race. Since he's out of the sport, he'll reinvent himself in a different field, probably business (biomedical? cancer treatment?), and possibly go after sport in general. He may bring tremendous amount of money into it and make everyone utterly dependent on him. He could create an even bigger following than ever before.
 
Jun 9, 2009
140
0
0
I can't help but think that some of the powerful interests that were complicit with Armstrong, now concerned that he might implicate them, have considered options to guarantee his silence.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
I could see Armstrong using Hog (Bruyneel) to out all those who he wants revenge on.

Ferarri might do him a favour aswell by dropping some names too, since he looks like he is going to jail.

But Armstrong does not seem like he will admit to anything. He is not that good an actor to pull of a tell all stunt that would look like he was truly remorseful so he wont do that.
 
Jul 10, 2012
200
0
0
It is always a question of motivation. If Lance is banned for life, and nothing he can do will make him unbanned, then he has no motivation to say anything. Therefore, I don't think he will take anyone down.

On the other hand, this investigation will take down many and has already taken down a few.
 
Jul 19, 2010
741
1
0
Benotti69 said:
But Armstrong does not seem like he will admit to anything. He is not that good an actor to pull of a tell all stunt that would look like he was truly remorseful so he wont do that.
I have never seen Armstrong showing any remorse for anything. I have never seen him showing regret or sorrow. His silence is killing cycling slowly and he knows that. He got totally screwed over and he wants to take the entire sport with him. This man is pure evil.
 
I wonder about the Contador connection, I feel its maybe all water under the bridge between them now, and perhaps LA does have some respect for AC (due to the fact that he did beat him)

However maybe AC could lose his other two titles also? if for example Bruyneel was to side with LA in all of this
 

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
997
0
0
I think since Armstrongs credibility is down to zero, nobody will give a rats azz about what he might say, not even UCI.
 

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
997
0
0
MellowJohnny said:
I wonder about the Contador connection, I feel its maybe all water under the bridge between them now, and perhaps LA does have some respect for AC (due to the fact that he did beat him)

However maybe AC could lose his other two titles also? if for example Bruyneel was to side with LA in all of this
Not without hard evidence, not even UCI would be that stupid.
 
I was thinking it also that whatever the USADA have on LA they probably have bits on other foreign riders connected with Bruyneel,

Would members of Radioshack be worried at the moment? - the GC contenders The Schelcks, Monfort, etc
 
Fidolix said:
I think since Armstrongs credibility is down to zero, nobody will give a rats azz about what he might say, not even UCI.
If hes got the dope on other riders - or the UCI, and its convincing, lots of people will hand him back some credibility.
.
It happened with Floyd, sort of.
.
 
Aug 2, 2010
217
0
0
kielbasa said:
After watching History Channel's "Men who built America", seeing how ruthless they could be whilst hiding behind their philanthropy (I won't vouch for the historical accuracy), I couldn't help but make a connection. It's all about winning against the other guy and it's not something that just goes away.

It's clearly not in LA's personality to just go away. Life's a race. Since he's out of the sport, he'll reinvent himself in a different field, probably business (biomedical? cancer treatment?), and possibly go after sport in general. He may bring tremendous amount of money into it and make everyone utterly dependent on him. He could create an even bigger following than ever before.
Nope. You forgot how much the previously fawning media now hate him for his two decades of lies and bullying. Armstrong is done.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Page Mill Masochist said:
Nope. You forgot how much the previously fawning media now hate him for his two decades of lies and bullying. Armstrong is done.
The 'fawning media' knew the score from 1999 when they were laughing about Sestriere and then those who didn't then did when Walsh blew open Armstrong's relationship with Ferarri and LeMond famous quote of 'greatest fraud' was born!

The media have latched onto the story, becuase it is great news for them.
 
babastooey said:
It is always a question of motivation. If Lance is banned for life, and nothing he can do will make him unbanned, then he has no motivation to say anything. Therefore, I don't think he will take anyone down.
Maybe if he has something to implicate possible partners in crime who are abandoning him right now (UCI, Verbrugge, etc.) ?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS