• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2012 Tour de France

Who will win 2012 TdF?

• Ryder Hesjedal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
el bisonte de la pesa will be my favourite
Juan_Jose_Cobo_hace_gesto_victoria.jpg

wiggins the biggest favourite though by far.
rolland and kern will be fun to watch,andy too maybe...we'll see.

let's not forget about VINO!!!!

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Damn, what slyness! Who votes for Sanchez? The title of the poll is "Who will win 2012 Tour de France", but not "Who would you like to win...". :eek: We look into a probable event rather than dreams.

airstream said:
Damn, what slyness! Who votes for Sanchez? The title of the poll is "Who will win 2012 Tour de France", but not "Who would you like to win...". :eek: We look into a probable event rather than dreams.

Just wait till the dutchies and the nibali fans come in and you will see even more ridiculous choices being made;)

The Hitch said:
Just wait till the dutchies and the nibali fans come in and you will see even more ridiculous choices being made;)
I don't even know why Gesink is included in this poll (other than it having been made by a Dutchie ;))

I voted Andy Schleck. Last year was supposed to be a climbers Tour, and a TTist won, so this year it will probably be the other way around.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
@airstream Sanchez is a legit option, the second best 'all rounder' after Evans. The only silly options are Martin and Hesjedal.

Gesink I think could geuinely contend. Apart from Schleck, he looks like the most likely off that list to attack in the mountains, and his TT seems quite strong now.

If you looked at form this year you would say Wiggins and Nibali would be the two outstanding favourites. However it never pans out this way I think there are five riders who have a genuine shot at winning-

Wiggins, Nibali, Evans, Schleck, Menchov, Sanchez

The Hitch said:

Lo Squalo is gonna bite this and take it home to Itaaalia :D

Seriously, there are plenty of contenders. A combination of Wiggins/Evans/Andy looks the most likely for the podium to me, though I would love a combination of Samu/Shark/Gesink.

Anyone but Cobo will be good anyway.

Only Nibali, Evans, Gesink and Sanchez have a real chance with Wiggins having a remote chance. Schlecks and Menchov should stay home.

PS: Since the forum is full of UK posters, I suggest that his result be multiplied by 0.3 to reflect reality ;)

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Samu - Nibs - Cobo would be epic. Although, Samu - Andy - Nibs would also be nice. 4 schleckond places in a row ftw!!

Be careful otherwise you can easily choke from your bile.

Naturally, Andy is a hot favorite and it is more than likely. I bet all we see this season is a part of global Bruyneel's plan.

Sorry is it possible to look who of forum members votes for what riders concretely?

The Hitch said:

I voted Schleck in the previous thread, but I'm going with Evans this time, considering that Andy has done nothing all year. At best he'll be as good as last year, which won't be enough. Also, the route suits Cadel more than last year's route suited Andy, IMO.

Wiggins has yet to impress me in the mountains. I don't think he can do it.

TRENDING THREADS