• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2015 Milan - San Remo?

Who will win 2015 Milano - San Remo?

• Greg Van Avermaet

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • John Degenkolb

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • Mark Cavendish

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Fabian Cancellara

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Peter Sagan

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Zdenek Stybar

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Arnaud Demare

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Juan Jose Lobato

Votes: 17 8.1%
  • Alexander Kristoff

Votes: 48 23.0%
  • Other ...

Votes: 31 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Who will win 2015 Milan - San Remo?

img_altimetria2015.jpg

img_salite2015.jpg

img_ukm2015.jpg

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Sorry guys, seems like the poll functionality is not working :(

1. Stybar (wishful thinking, more so some surprise like Haussler etc)
2. Sagan
3. Spartacus

Re:

Asero831 said:
Who will look after Kristoff on the Poggio San Remo? Otherwise I see Stybar or Lobato having a go at this. GVA for 2nd

I think Kristoff will make it over the Poggio fairly comfortably. It's too gentle for the others to distance him - especially bearing in mind how much power he always seems to have available late in long races.

I think it's between him and Degenkolb for the win. I doubt Stybar could beat either in a sprint and don't think he has the course to drop them before - same for GVA. Sagan is a bit more interesting now that he has won and will have more confidence, but he has faded in all tough/long races in the last year or so - difficult to see him beating Kristoff or Degenkolb in a sprint after 300km.

Re:

Asero831 said:
If here are more than six guys with 10+ secs on top of Poggio, i do not think the sprint teams can catch them.

GVA, Kwiat, Sagan, Costa and Cance can hold on to that lead

I'm not sure 10 seconds would be enough for a group like that. Costa and Kwiat certainly wouldn't be working for a sprint and probably not Cance either. The peloton would probably reel them in unless they all worked together pretty much until the line. I don't really see how a group like that would get away on the climb anyway, it's just not difficult enough and some teams - Giant, Katusha, possibly even Etixx - will drive such a high, steady pace at the front to keep everyone together.

If Sagan is in any break no-one's going to work just to drag him to the line and get second, same if Kristoff is there. I think it'll either be someone we wouldn't expect or one of the real sprinters (including Degenkolb, Sagan and Kristoff). I'd ideally like to see Cav of Sagan take it.

TRENDING THREADS