• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who wins the 2011 Tour de France

Winner?

• Cadel Evans

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
K-0tic said:
Cadel, since Andy has never beaten Cadel before in a TT

apart from last yeah ey :p

anyway @08
Andy was 1.57 behind. But evans had a lot more to ride for, and schleck has improved since.
@09
evans by 31 seconds, with less to ride for tho.

will be a close thing.

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

anyway @08
Andy was 1.57 behind. But evans had a lot more to ride for, and schleck has improved since.
@09

will be a close thing.

In 2009, Evans had nothing to ride for and ended up 30th. AS improved since then, nevertheless I haven't seen Evans so strong since 2007 or 2008 so I rate him to do better. Will be close though anyway.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I just want to see the final stage to Paris start with AS & CE tied!

How awesome would that be if they had to sprint to the finish line in Paris for a win.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Andy has Frank as his minute man, Evans has Voekler, Evans will catch Voekler very easily and go past whereas Andy will take a long time if at all to get up to Frank..

I go with Andy.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

anyway @08
@09

will be a close thing.

@08 Evans had a complete shocker in the final ITT. Evans looks much stornger now.

Evans needs 1.36seconds per km.

He needs to be 20 seconds up at 1st time check
He needs to be 38 seconds up at 2nd time check

At least 58 up at final check

For once in my cycling lifetime I'm hoping and praying that Cadel pulls it out. If Andy wins the proportions to which his ego will grow will be beyond measure. He won't even be able to fit Cancellara's helmet! For the sake of humanity and all that is right in the world Andy must lose!:p

Andy needed to pad his lead over Cadel to a more comfortable 2 minutes in order to have a chance to win the overall. With a fairly lengthy ITT looming it looks like it'll be 2nd place again. I hope....and pray.

C'mon Cadel, you can do it!:D

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
eztarget said:
I just want to see the final stage to Paris start with AS & CE tied!

How awesome would that be if they had to sprint to the finish line in Paris for a win.

lol yeah cause motivation will make them quicker then cav and co.

anyway impossible. It would then come down to TTT hundredths of a second. And if that was equal, I would assume the most best placings? Which I assume cadel would win.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
lol yeah cause motivation will make them quicker then cav and co.

anyway impossible. It would then come down to TTT hundredths of a second. And if that was equal, I would assume the most best placings? Which I assume cadel would win.

Who says they have to win the final stage? I mean come down to a sprint between the TWO of them not the sprinters.

And how would it be impossible? If Cadel takes :57 seconds tomorrow then they are tied.

sublimit said:
Andy has Frank as his minute man, Evans has Voekler, Evans will catch Voekler very easily and go past whereas Andy will take a long time if at all to get up to Frank..

I go with Andy.

I believe if two riders are from the same team and are right next to each other in standings they will split them up......I think Bernard Kohl in 2008 even though he was 3rd in GC before TT had to go 2nd last to split up Sastre and Frank Schleck

TRENDING THREADS