• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why Armstrong is not a doper (seriously)

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
No the dog did not eat my homework. Here is my thoughts, you probably saw it before:
1.he had been tested more than anybody in any sports, and everyone is after him – still no positives
2.Can it be that the ‘99 epo test results were somehow affected by medication he still was under for his cancer (and were approved)?
3.He may have (I guess he surely did) doped before his cancer. It is unfathomable to think that he continued after his cancer with what many believed was the cause of his cancer. You don’t barely survive just to commit suicide
4.If he doped before (almost certain) and after (as most people believe), what accounts to his amazing improvement? It is still weight loss mainly. He was always much stronger than any cyclist in the peloton, but now the power/weight is coming into play, as well as a better cardiovascular efficiency.
5.Coming back from 3+ years of no bicycle competition, claiming he is trying to raise awareness for his charity, what can he gain by doping? He can only lose if getting caught – his charity will be dusted, his reputation completely tarnished. On the other hand, losing now makes almost no difference as long as his charity (and his new cycling team) gets bigger and more famous, paving the way to possible political career, as many mentioned. In short, coming back and doping again makes no sense – he can only lose
6. Phil Anderson smile is not convincing

Am I naïve? Most probably, so what?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I apologise - but i have not even read your thread as it is clearly a doping issue that should be taken to the clinic.

This forum is:
Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
That's alright. They just move this down to the other forum when a moderator sees it.

I think you have to consider the performance of this tour on a sliding scale considering his age and factors such as the time off and injury. Pile this into a possible podium placement under rigorous doping controls and you have a pretty compelling case pointing away from the probability of doping.

There are some that are convinced he doped throughout his career. See Lemond's latest barbs regarding the current champ. For me, this tour opened the door to the idea that he is a legitimate champion.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
AAMilne said:
No the dog did not eat my homework. Here is my thoughts, you probably saw it before:
1.he had been tested more than anybody in any sports, and everyone is after him – still no positives
2.Can it be that the ‘99 epo test results were somehow affected by medication he still was under for his cancer (and were approved)?
3.He may have (I guess he surely did) doped before his cancer. It is unfathomable to think that he continued after his cancer with what many believed was the cause of his cancer. You don’t barely survive just to commit suicide
4.If he doped before (almost certain) and after (as most people believe), what accounts to his amazing improvement? It is still weight loss mainly. He was always much stronger than any cyclist in the peloton, but now the power/weight is coming into play, as well as a better cardiovascular efficiency.
5.Coming back from 3+ years of no bicycle competition, claiming he is trying to raise awareness for his charity, what can he gain by doping? He can only lose if getting caught – his charity will be dusted, his reputation completely tarnished. On the other hand, losing now makes almost no difference as long as his charity (and his new cycling team) gets bigger and more famous, paving the way to possible political career, as many mentioned. In short, coming back and doping again makes no sense – he can only lose

Doping is to be discussed in the clinic forum.

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
AAMilne said:

1. False ! Less tested than many others athletes including riders (Cippolini, Zabel, Jalabert,...). Marion Jones was reported to have been tested 160 times (no positive) when Lance was only tested around 80 times (before his comeback), Kohl had been tested around 200 times!
Cevendish 60 times in last year!

2. No.

3. How many people stop dirving after a car accident? How many people are still smoking or drinking despite their deadly illness? ...

4. Money and better doctor

5. Have we hear him about cancer awareness or complaining about his leader?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I must admit early on in this tour I figured he was juiced, Just from past experience which i won't get into.

However with a podium spot on the line he gets a 16th place in the 40k TT?
I figured he was holding back a little in the prologue but now no way.
It looks like he is defintely having good days & bad days
If he isn't clean he is on the worst doping program in the peloton
at least this year

:D

TRENDING THREADS