Why is cycling on a hole?

Apr 18, 2010
156
0
0
i just read the article where mcquaid states that cantador has damaged cycling. well probably, but does he have to be a b*tch about it. i mean did eddy, coppi, lance, basso, big mig, pantani, viriquene among others? is that how pat sees cycling. i mean most other sports move on when something like this happen. contador probably dope there is no argument agaist this, but this is a bussiness and pat is taking a dump on it. i like contador, but not really a fan of any pro at all and i have to say that pat has done more to damage the image of cycling more that anyother uci president. if had pat sanctioned him right away, we could have said cycling is not afarid to take on their biggest names but as with other in the past the uci is doing more to damage cycling than the riders themselves.
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
robertocarlos said:
i just read the article where mcquaid states that cantador has damaged cycling. well probably, but does he have to be a b*tch about it. i mean did eddy, coppi, lance, basso, big mig, pantani, viriquene among others? is that how pat sees cycling. i mean most other sports move on when something like this happen. contador probably dope there is no argument agaist this, but this is a bussiness and pat is taking a dump on it. i like contador, but not really a fan of any pro at all and i have to say that pat has done more to damage the image of cycling more that anyother uci president. if had pat sanctioned him right away, we could have said cycling is not afarid to take on their biggest names but as with other in the past the uci is doing more to damage cycling than the riders themselves.
I think Pat is trying to do damage control at this time. Contador is A schlecks only rival in the tour. No one really wants to see the rivalry die.
+ if Armstrong goes to court cycling will look really bad.

That is my view in the new world where we do not get to see too many races.
 
Jan 20, 2011
352
0
0
Scapegoating. It is easier to blame one person at a time- Contador now, probably Lance later than a whole system that is rotten.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
western soicety has turned into a blame culture, always looking to blame others for their short comings. look at the fanboys who take out their anger on people talking about Armstrongs doping instead of seeing it for what itis truly is. cheating.

McQuaid is never gonna say that the UCI should be doing more when in reality they are keeping the sport in the gutter for his finanacial gain.
 
Feb 14, 2010
2,202
0
0
Cyclismag reprinted a second hand "quote" from 2008 yesterday.

As it Cyclismag was echoed in February 2008, Joxean Matxin, current manager of the team sports Geox, said he had heard the President of the UCI declared that "the cyclists were not entitled to the presumption of innocence, "before adding" the reputation of the UCI is above the laws of Spain. "

Comme Cyclismag s’en était fait l’écho en février 2008, Joxean Matxin, actuel manager sportif de l’équipe Geox, avait affirmé avoir entendu le Président de l’UCI déclarer que "les coureurs cyclistes n’avaient pas droit à la présomption d’innocence", avant d’ajouter "l’honorabilité de l’UCI est au dessus des lois espagnoles."
http://www.cyclismag.com/article.php?sid=6336#ancre2

I'm rooting for the UCI to fail big. Caucchioli, Valjavec and Pellizotti could do major harm to the Biological Passport at CAS. If all three win, who would the UCI try to punish this year? Guys who can't afford lawyers?

He's had recent battles with grand tour organizers about team selection. He wants to knock a week off the Vuelta so he can have another race elsewhere. He's got riders against him, and teams. I hope to God some paper trails connect him to the Novitsky investigation, and the news gets out.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
theswordsman said:
Cyclismag reprinted a second hand "quote" from 2008 yesterday.



http://www.cyclismag.com/article.php?sid=6336#ancre2

I'm rooting for the UCI to fail big. Caucchioli, Valjavec and Pellizotti could do major harm to the Biological Passport at CAS. If all three win, who would the UCI try to punish this year? Guys who can't afford lawyers?

He's had recent battles with grand tour organizers about team selection. He wants to knock a week off the Vuelta so he can have another race elsewhere. He's got riders against him, and teams. I hope to God some paper trails connect him to the Novitsky investigation, and the news gets out.
McQuaid is in my opinion doing the 'fifa thing' on a smaller scale with trying to get all the new races onto the pro calendar. he gets little or no money from the established palmeres and the traditional events so he needs to move them aside to get pro teams to compete in other countries where event organisers will give him a big brown envelope...;)
 
Feb 14, 2010
2,202
0
0
Now the UCI has a second person cleaning up after McQuaid. I guess Enrico is in charge of putting out the facts after Pat misspeaks, and now Anders follows behind the parade with a scoop and bucket?

I feel convinced that there is a misunderstanding. Det giver ingen mening at sige, at Alberto Contador har skadet cykelsporten. It makes no sense to say that Alberto Contador has damaged the sport.

- Det forudsætter jo, at man er skyldig, og sagen er som bekendt ikke afgjort endnu. - This assumes of course that you are guilty and the case is known not decided yet. Jeg er sikker på, at UCI's øverste chef ikke vil fælde dom over en rytter på den måde, så længe en sag verserer, siger pressechef Anders Damgaard til sporten.dk I am confident that UCI's chief executive will not make judgments on a rider on the way, so long as proceedings are pending, says press officer Anders Damgaard
http://www.sportenkort.dk/nyhed/121620/cykling/saxo+bank+raser+mod+mcquaid
 
Feb 14, 2010
2,202
0
0
Benotti69 said:
McQuaid is in my opinion doing the 'fifa thing' on a smaller scale with trying to get all the new races onto the pro calendar. he gets little or no money from the established palmeres and the traditional events so he needs to move them aside to get pro teams to compete in other countries where event organisers will give him a big brown envelope...;)
So does he see thinks coming to a head, and is trying to top off his FU Fund? :D

The big bragging point for the Biological Passport was that they could charge riders without them testing positive. They explained the long delay once they started collecting samples because they were working with lawyers to make everything airtight. Now they've got organizations saying there's no way it can be used for sanctions. They have Valjavec, Caucchioli and Pallizotti going to CAS decisions. If all three win, and it becomes obvious the Passport can't work as planned, I could see him being forced out.

And yes, I know that there are probably other weasels waiting in line to take over, but variety is a good thing. And I'm from Illinois, USA - the other day I saw a news headline that the former Governor had been let out of prison for a funeral or something, and I had to look to see which imprisoned former Governor they meant :eek:
 
Mar 22, 2010
908
0
0
Sanitiser said:
Scapegoating. It is easier to blame one person at a time- Contador now, probably Lance later than a whole system that is rotten.
Bingo. The people running cycling are much more to blame, IMO. The institutionalization of the cheating existed before AC was born and it appears it's never going to abate.

Tell Pat to take a look at how the fan base is NOT getting any larger. More to the contrary. I was excited about it for a while, and then AC got caught (as far as I am concerned.) I'm pretty much done. It's a shame. It's a beautiful sport.

just my .02
 
Benotti69 said:
McQuaid is in my opinion doing the 'fifa thing' on a smaller scale with trying to get all the new races onto the pro calendar. he gets little or no money from the established palmeres and the traditional events so he needs to move them aside to get pro teams to compete in other countries where event organisers will give him a big brown envelope...;)
Agreed. Does anyone have any idea the ASO plays? So far, every independent *but* ASO has been the target of Pat's plans. I am taking a wild guess by suggesting ASO gives Pat the broadcast infrastructure for road events (moto cams, etc.) in exchange for some of Pat's money above or below the table. ASO being Pat's one promoter to rule them all.
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
alberto.legstrong said:
Bingo. The people running cycling are much more to blame, IMO. The institutionalization of the cheating existed before AC was born and it appears it's never going to abate.

Tell Pat to take a look at how the fan base is NOT getting any larger. More to the contrary. I was excited about it for a while, and then AC got caught (as far as I am concerned.) I'm pretty much done. It's a shame. It's a beautiful sport.

just my .02
This is it, Contador is a capable rider on drugs or clean. Mcquaid is hopeless all the year round under every circumstance.

Unfortunately he's not answerable to anybody so we are stuck with this idiot for forseeable future.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
alberto.legstrong said:
Bingo. The people running cycling are much more to blame, IMO. The institutionalization of the cheating existed before AC was born and it appears it's never going to abate.

Tell Pat to take a look at how the fan base is NOT getting any larger. More to the contrary. I was excited about it for a while, and then AC got caught (as far as I am concerned.) I'm pretty much done. It's a shame. It's a beautiful sport.

just my .02
i think any sporting federation that is tied to the IOC is full of people like McQuaid all dying to get to the IOC table where the big money is and while they scheme and lick a$$ they do as much damage to their sports on there way a la the IOC and FIFA. thisis why these federations are based in Swiss(bank)land.

i would like to see the european parliament demand these federations relocated to Brussels, Paris etc or ban them from functioning in the EU at all, they would then be subject to EU laws and that would make them clean up their acts big time.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY