Will Armstrong Help Contador on Ventoux?

Will he?

  • ¿qǝʍ ʇoɥs ı op ʍoɥ

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
A

Anonymous

Guest
mr. tibbs said:
I think it's pretty obvious who the strongest rider of the Tour is now, so what does the forum think? Will Armstrong finally ride for Contador?
Why start now?
 
Jul 11, 2009
267
0
0
Contador has shown he needs no help when there is a summit finish, however Contador will help Armstrong stay on the podium as long as they can stay with the Schlecks.
 
ad9898 said:
Contador has shown he needs no help when there is a summit finish, however Contador will help Armstrong stay on the podium as long as they can stay with the Schlecks.
As long as who can stay with the Schlecks? Armstrong has demonstrated repeatedly that he cannot, so I assume you aren't talking about him.
 
Jul 11, 2009
267
0
0
Publicus said:
As long as who can stay with the Schlecks? Armstrong has demonstrated repeatedly that he cannot, so I assume you aren't talking about him.
What I meant is if they can keep the Schlecks at 30 secs or less, we will see anyway, anyone can have a bad day on that climb.
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
0
0
Personally, I think :I can count to potato" is the only option that makes sense. The other three choices are just stupid.
 
Cobber said:
Personally, I think :I can count to potato" is the only option that makes sense. The other three choices are just stupid.
That's what I initially though, too--but the more I think about it, the more plausible derp derp seems. I am a bit surprised that ¿qǝʍ ʇoɥs ı op ʍoɥ isn't getting more support, considering the prevailing attitude of this forum towards Cavendish.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
mr. tibbs said:
That's what I initially though, too--but the more I think about it, the more plausible derp derp seems. I am a bit surprised that ¿qǝʍ ʇoɥs ı op ʍoɥ isn't getting more support, considering the prevailing attitude of this forum towards Cavendish.
¿qǝʍ ʇoɥs ı op ʍoɥ, I am all for it! I think it is quite possibly the single greatest answer in the history of answerdom, and am nominating it for the answer to the question "What is the meaning of life?" Quite honestly I believe it is sad that such a clearly superior answer is spending time slumming here with the likes of me, and feel that you should remove it and give it its proper place in the pantheon of all that Is. That is if you can discern the meaning of "Is," and lets face it, that one will always be debated because of a cigar and a certain twat.

What were we talking about?
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
0
0
mr. tibbs said:
That's what I initially though, too--but the more I think about it, the more plausible derp derp seems. I am a bit surprised that ¿qǝʍ ʇoɥs ı op ʍoɥ isn't getting more support, considering the prevailing attitude of this forum towards Cavendish.
Oh.. I misunderstood... I thought this answer was aimed more at readers from the southern hemisphere. :D
 
Jul 23, 2009
1,120
0
0
It appears that Contador does not need help - and with his attack that dropped Kloden (when Bruyneel had specifically told him not to) suggests that he is not likely to assist anyone else.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
CentralCaliBike said:
It appears that Contador does not need help - and with his attack that dropped Kloden (when Bruyneel had specifically told him not to) suggests that he is not likely to assist anyone else.
They have never assisted him, why should he?
 
Jul 23, 2009
1,120
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
They have never assisted him, why should he?
For some reason I seem to remember him sitting on the back while the team pulled for a majority of this Tour - also, he did seem to benefit from the team during the TTT. Perhaps next year they can arrange for him to get included in the event without a team and show us that he in fact did ride this Tour on his own.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
CentralCaliBike said:
For some reason I seem to remember him sitting on the back while the team pulled for a majority of this Tour - also, he did seem to benefit from the team during the TTT. Perhaps next year they can arrange for him to get included in the event without a team and show us that he in fact did ride this Tour on his own.
I don't seem to ever remember The Uniballer sticking his nose in the wind for him. Maybe Contador riding on his wheel was merely him marking the guy most likely to stick a knife in his back?
 
Jul 23, 2009
1,120
0
0
Thoughtforfood said:
I don't seem to ever remember The Uniballer sticking his nose in the wind for him. Maybe Contador riding on his wheel was merely him marking the guy most likely to stick a knife in his back?
If Contador is that strong why would he worry - besides you must not have seen much of the Tour if you did not notice that Contador was sitting most of the time right behind Armstrong (until they got into a small pack going up hill).
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
0
0
CentralCaliBike said:
If Contador is that strong why would he worry - besides you must not have seen much of the Tour if you did not notice that Contador was sitting most of the time right behind Armstrong (until they got into a small pack going up hill).
Yeah, but Armstrong was behind Kloden, who was behind Leipheimer, who was behind Rast. Armstrong was almost never on the front!
 
Jul 23, 2009
1,120
0
0
Cobber said:
Yeah, but Armstrong was behind Kloden, who was behind Leipheimer, who was behind Rast. Armstrong was almost never on the front!
Seems like the same for Saxo, Columbia, and other teams with strong riders - you put your team up with the strongest riders towards the back (except in situations of danger) to break the wind and utilize as little energy as possible until necessary.

On the other hand you generally do not attack a high placed teammate when your manager tells you not to and you are not in danger losing your place on the GC.

It clearly appeared that, though not able to match the acceleration of Andy and Contador, Armstrong was stronger than others on Verbier but sat back to not drag them with him up the slopes - he did the same thing in the Alps twice this year only going when it was safe and dropping Wiggins on the way. Looked to me like Armstrong followed the Bruyneel's instructions (not attacking to the detriment of Contador) while AC did not.
 
Jul 21, 2009
224
0
0
CentralCaliBike said:
On the other hand you generally do not attack a high placed teammate when your manager tells you not to and you are not in danger losing your place on the GC.

Unless you are 100% positive that your manager is a snake that is out to get you and the teammate in question is aligned with the opposing side in your team.

Then, attacking him is exactly what you do. After that, you look back to make sure that he is not catching up and that back wheel sucking teammate has been dropped for sure. Then you ride behind your oponents to the finish line. After you put over 2 minutes into said teammate, you appear contrite to the press, telling them how much of a misunderstanding it all was. Masterful.

Then the fox in the henhouse realizes he has been outfoxed, and instead of accepting a fake apology, he sees the move for what it was, gets furious and sets his twitter on fire.

After all that, you tell the press that you will try to help the back stabbing fox retain whatever position he has at the podium.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
CentralCaliBike said:
If Contador is that strong why would he worry - besides you must not have seen much of the Tour if you did not notice that Contador was sitting most of the time right behind Armstrong (until they got into a small pack going up hill).
Do any of you fanboys have ANY reading comprehension? I stated clearly that Contador has ridden on The Uniballer's wheel. Seriously, you all post the same garbage the first 5 times you post. Most of you are only moderately literate. None of you seem to have a sense of irony. Its like there you have a school or something.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY