Will someone please shut Rob Hatch up......!!

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Only real annoyances I have with Hatch is pronouncing Drone Hopper like an Italian would do (like, cmon they're English words lol...), and overreacting or being overly concerned over minor things – like some guys 9th in GC drops on a climb and he makes it sound like it's a major race-altering event.

Blythe doesn't add much but he's mostly harmless. McEwen is better talking about what's happening in the race. Both are good analysing the sprints. Lloyd seemingly just takes the piss out of his own career and offers less insight than Blythe.

Jul 12, 2022
No, he pronounces them correctly.
He does not. I am a continental European, speak several languages and have lived in four European countries. The pronouncation is forced and over-the-top. The Italian is too Italian, a little cartoonish, even. The same goes for the French. It is dreadful to listen to. Someone trying too hard is always a little embarrasing, a little unpleasant, to listen to. I wish he’d go away.

Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine
He does not. I am a continental European, speak several languages and have lived in four European countries. The pronouncation is forced and over-the-top. The Italian is too Italian, a little cartoonish, even. The same goes for the French. It is dreadful to listen to. Someone trying too hard is always a little embarrasing, a little unpleasant, to listen to. I wish he’d go away.
How is "speaking too Italian" when speaking Italian a bad thing?

Jul 12, 2022
No no I can respect that as a fellow continental european I too speak several european languages but have only lived in two different european countries. But ok fair enough, it was a cheap shot. Pls change your user name to 'continental european'.
You can't stop now, can you :) ...

Reactions: Sandisfan
The former pros are generally good.

The pro commentators feel like they need fill up every second of their air time so they constantly make inane or inaccurate comments.

Liggett, however, is the absolute worst. Initially (decades ago) I thought it was because he was “dumbing it down” for the (at the time) ignorant English speaking audiences. It soon became apparent that he knew NOTHING about racing and over all these years he has made absolutely NO EFFORT at all to educate himself. He was also a massive purveyor of the Armstrong fraud as it lined his personal wallet. He is a despicable little man.

I would rather deal with stalling live streams than listen to that f$@cker ever again.

Jul 18, 2022
I love the coverage of cycling that GCN do but Rob Hatch is the worst commentator of the lot. It makes me want to cancel my account with GCN. He is utterly shocking...
I am lucky to speak Spanish and can change the language. If Spanish were not available I would go for the ambient sound or any other language I can’t speak just to not hear that idiot.

Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine

ASK THE COMMUNITY