• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will The Real Andy Schleck ever Come Back?

Will The Real Andy Schleck ever Come Back?

• I don't know but i like to vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
He's only 28 or 29 but it's been 3 years since we've seen anything from him.

And now he gave up in the tour cause of an injury, but yet his form was yet again questionable.

I remember the giro '07 or the tour '08, seeing him ride was amazing. I've no clue what really is holding him back.

Is it something physically or mentally? I'm gonna go with the mental part, maybe he doesn't have the passion anymore to ride at this high level. I've no clue but it truly is sad.

So do you think that we'll never see the best Andy again? I think so, but that doesn't mean it's over right? I hope so, he still should be able to do something, even with the level he had you can still win certain races...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
He is a quitter...his attitude is summarised by the incident in 2011 Tour de France where he did not even bother to ride the Grenoble TT course that he was riding to win the GC in his own right. He is not a winner nor a fighter

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
And this is the guy who was given the Tour champion jersey when Contador got popped?

LOL, this isn't even funny anymore. It used to be a good joke, but this guy is not geared to be one of the riders who are labeled winners.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
He is a quitter...his attitude is summarised by the incident in 2011 Tour de France where he did not even bother to ride the Grenoble TT course that he was riding to win the GC in his own right. He is not a winner nor a fighter

I agree with that, he never had this killer mentality, i doubt that he even cared that much when he lost the tour 3 times in a row. It shows that having talent isn't enough.

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
think we all knew it was all going to end badly whether it be retirement or a crash or whatever .

i think this really is the end now , where the hell does he go from here , what team would ever want him ?

il be fair to the guy tho , for a few years he truly was a great rider .

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it's mostly a mental issue. He has never recovered from his pelvis accident, and I would not be the least bit surprised if he goes into every bike ride expecting to crash now. A lot of his crashes have been bizarre and they've been far more consistent than usual. Compare it to someone like Mark Cavendish who hits the dirt rather often in sprints. He's right back on that horse if he doesn't tear ligaments in his shoulder that is.

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Old School said:
And this is the guy who was given the Tour champion jersey when Contador got popped?

LOL, this isn't even funny anymore. It used to be a good joke, but this guy is not geared to be one of the riders who are labeled winners.

That's the problem. He's missing some gear.