• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Official Wouter Lambertus Martinus Henricus Poels thread.

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Miburo said:
Nothing new you call that? lol

When did he do something similar like that before he joined sky? And with like that i mean being the 3rd best climber in the biggest race of the year
He did similar things on major climbs like Angliru and Zoncolan in the past. Again, on good days...

This is the tour. And oh yea he did again today.

Come on man, you called out sky years ago. You really think this is normal? the guy was prob the best today

Re:

Gloin22 said:
Quite amazing how Sky always finds 2nd man that is equal to the leader in some climb stages. But I guess that' what money buys:D

Really helps to have a deep team, and Stannard and Rowe for the flat.

Poels used pretty much zero energy in the first week. With his class that makes him quite formidable.

And if he does falter at some point there will be someone else that was able to save energy because of his incredible efforts the day before.

I hope he won't be a gc leader soon, that would be the biggest *** move sky could do after they signed Landa because he didn't have a leader role at Astana. On the other hand I also don't want to see him as Froome's dom anymore since he is making the tour one big borefest. :eek:

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Isn't Woot P. the first Sky guy to win a monument? Didn't he snag LBL this year, or did I hallucinate it?
He deserves all the hype and his own team :p

Poels said after the stage that he had a whole lot of energy left in the tank. He said Froome gave him the all clear for a stage win 45km before the finish, but after the fall that changed everything ofcourse and Poels stayed with Froome obviously.
He felt he could've won the stage, but understands yellow is way more important.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Poels said after the stage that he had a whole lot of energy left in the tank. He said Froome gave him the all clear for a stage win 45km before the finish, but after the fall that changed everything ofcourse and Poels stayed with Froome obviously.
He felt he could've won the stage, but understands yellow is way more important.

I was thinking on the morning of that stage that Poels would go for the win if another team pulled the break back. Shame, but saving a little bit on the last couple of mountain stages isn't a bad thing for Rio. He should be a serious medal contender.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Poels said to the dutch press he feels confident for Rio and he is again looking/hoping to get to lead Sky during the Giro next year.

Ooops Mikkel Landa

Considering how Sky's Giro options seem to fail away, going with solid 2 riders seems a good idea.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Too bad for Landa, but I think he doesn't have a chance to lead the Giro next year.
Sky basically owes it to Poels now. And Landa has not been delivering as he should. Maybe Vuelta leader next year.. not Giro I think

Vuelta too hot for landa

I am not sure poles will deliver a result at GT leader but he does deserve a chance

maybe co leader

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Too bad for Landa, but I think he doesn't have a chance to lead the Giro next year.
Sky basically owes it to Poels now. And Landa has not been delivering as he should. Maybe Vuelta leader next year.. not Giro I think

So they give it to Poels who fails at the Giro and withdraws after 2 weeks to dom for Froome again. Poels back in line again.

TRENDING THREADS