• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The real Tennis thread.

Page 89 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Haven't watched women's tennis for some time until today. And, ugh, if this is the top of the crop these days... Sabalenka is a cool girl but her game is so unappealing, just going full on everything. I recognized her as a typical fearsome top 10ers, which was okay to make things interesting. But now she's number one.... Not too familiar with Gauff's game, first time I saw her live, and doesn't look too promising either for my taste

Haven't watched women's tennis for some time until today. And, ugh, if this is the top of the crop these days... Sabalenka is a cool girl but her game is so unappealing, just going full on everything. I recognized her as a typical fearsome top 10ers, which was okay to make things interesting. But now she's number one.... Not too familiar with Gauff's game, first time I saw her live, and doesn't look too promising either for my taste
Both ladies are playing/swinging very hard... not sure the court can take the abuse! :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: jmdirt
Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
He said the second set was the most exhausting he's ever played, but he got a second wind during the third. Great match either way.

There was no way Nole should have won the 2nd set.

Amazing how he pulled that 2nd set win out, if Medvedev won it, the match could have been much different.

Medvedev had no self belief after losing that 2nd set as he was so deflated losing a set where he was the "better" player.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Aaaand he's gone. Still suspect he's just being very cautious now, I doubt this injury is long term.

Meanwhile Dimitrov winning Brisbane after going without a title for 5.5 years is awesome
Yeah, one match at 3 hours, and he gets a tear. I suspect he will play some clay matches, and then finish his career at Roland Garros. The level looked to be there in the first two matches but then he was much worse Friday and his body apparently couldn't handle playing a long match.

Yeah, it was even more than 6 years. He has been really good the last few months, though, nice to see that trend continue in 2024.

Reactions: SHAD0W93

Latest posts