• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Itzulia Basque Country 2024, April 1-6

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can't believe you've fallen for the Kirby narrative... he doesn't actually exist, he's a spook.
I've actually branched out to some Danish Eurosport today, so I'm finally rid of Kirby! Danish commentators also at a loss to explain Hayter's non-showing in the sprint.

Looked like Hayter and Rodriguez had a small talk with a few km left. Must have hatched out the worst plan ever.

My God that was a beautiful Kirby passage. Mistaking Rodrigues for Hayter, then Manny Bookman for Aular.

My favourite Kirby moment was the incredibly dramatic and memorable moment of Evenepoel cracking on stage 13 in the Vuelta, the Tourmalet stage, you would expect a bit of reverence and maybe some sincere words.

It pans to Remco looking like he's about to burst into tears going up the mountain, team around him consoling him, then a familiar white jersey comes along side him and you just hear.

'ARRRRGGHH NO.... THERE'S GEOFFREY SOUPE'

We had to rewind it multiple times. was absolutely howling

Hayter is overdue for being booted from Ineos. Don't think I've ever seen someone complete the transition into useless shadow of his former self at that young an age.

Kirby is overdue for being booted from the commentary booth. Don't think I've ever seen anyone be that reliable at misidentifying riders, and that includes Jez Cox and early-career José Been.
Today I watched a video of 2011 Roubaix with Phil Liggett in commentary and he misidentified the group he was seeing about a dozen times and was annoyed that Hushovd didn‘t ride with Cancellara.

Hayter is overdue for being booted from Ineos. Don't think I've ever seen someone complete the transition into useless shadow of his former self at that young an age.

Kirby is overdue for being booted from the commentary booth. Don't think I've ever seen anyone be that reliable at misidentifying riders, and that includes Jez Cox and early-career José Been.
UQnwKEizNDLJo5xmVKW4wS.jpg