• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

De Ronde van Vlaanderen (270.8 km), 2024 March 31 (Sunday)

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think so. Most riders want to finish the monuments if they can. I also seem to recall that I saw an angry rider or two post on Twitter about this a few days ago (I can't remember who it was).

By the way, Astana had no riders finishing... Good job.
Maybe because the woman race is passing there when they’re behind?

I saw my local man Taminiaux uploading on Strava with the race still 40km to go or something.

Maybe because the woman race is passing there when they’re behind?

I saw my local man Taminiaux uploading on Strava with the race still 40km to go or something.

I don't know about that since it also happens in other races.

But anyway, I checked the results a few years back for De Ronde, GW and E3 and it doesn't seem to be something new for this year. In none of those races since 2021 were any finishing riders more than 15 minutes down.

Reactions: Didinho

Tom Boonen ‘doesn’t recognise’ Soudal Quick-Step amidst Classics drought​

Former Belgian Classics star appears alongside Patrick Lefevere on a podcast to discuss the team's shortcomings this spring

...maybe it's hard to motivate to ride for such a d0uchebag?

Reactions: veganrob