• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

De Ronde van Vlaanderen (270.8 km), 2024 March 31 (Sunday)

xGSboK6g_o.png

anGozLbO_o.png

Départ Fictif: 10:00
Départ Réel: 10:20
Expected Finish: 16:29 - 17:06

NB: It's the first day of Summer Time (Daylight Saving Time)

Official Website
[Official Start list when available] Provisional Start list

Bookmakers' favourites

* * * * * - Van der Poel
* * * * - Pedersen, Jorgenson, Bettiol
* * * - Van Baarle, Küng, Mohorič, Skujiņš
* * - Wellens, Benoot, Asgreen, Lazkano, Trentin, Milan
* - Madouas, Matthews, Pithie, Politt, Alaphilippe, Abrahamsen, Wright

Last edited:
I believe Narvaez (and Rowe) are out of this and Roubaix due to concussions for Ineos.

Alex Kirsch at 500/1 is a tempting Hail Mary, one of the best in E3 but I'm not sure of his status after he crashed on Sunday. I also think Asgreen will show himself in this race, he did a lot on the front in Gent and looked frustrated at the race situation, 16th in San Remo and peaking for these races.

Pogacar really should just do it shouldn't he, what's one more race day.

My favorite race. I liked it better when it started from the Markt in Brugge, but still... It's nearly the full test, with climbing, cobbles, wind, narrow streets, hard corners, fast accelerations. Beautiful race.

MVDP will be there, and if he's there he can win. The clear man on form and the man to beat. Hope the others can mount a legendary challenge. Would love to see 5 strong guys duke it out over the last 2 climbs. Shame Evenepoel isn't here. Really think he should be riding this race at this point.

Last edited:
My favorite race. I liked it better when it started from the Markt in Brugge, but still... It's nearly the full test, with climbing, cobbles, wind, narrow streets, hard corners, fast accelerations. Beautiful race.

MVDP will be there, and if he's there he can win. Hope the others can mount a legendary challenge. Would love to see 5 strong guys duke it out over the last 2 climbs. Shame Evenepoel isn't here. Really think he should be riding this race at this point.
+1

My favourite race since as long as my memory goes, my 2nd Christmas Eve (1st being WC RR). Main monument to me. Keen to this bike race since I just love doing puncheur leg brace hill attacks myself - and for the race: the plenty action and battles.

But didn't this thread make a jump start? Appetizer Dwaars door Vlaanderen have to be digestived first.

Last edited: