• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Carlos Rodriguez- The Next Great Rodriguez Discussion Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How good will Carlos Rodriguez be?

• A wasted talent

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Small Race Winner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Consistent Climber

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Fighting for GT breakaway wins

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • WT Stage Race Winner

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • GT Winner

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Better than Pogacar

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He fought to hold on and not lose another spot in GC. It may not matter much to us or to him, but being able to say you finished in the top 5 at the Tour de France sounds more impressive than top 6.
For sure especially for a young rider a top 5 makes you and the team dream about podium.

Nipping a stage along the way as well was pretty great. Often the talk is whether or not you sacrifice top 10 for a possible stage win. But he managed both.

Will return to racing at the Tour of Britain together with Pidcock..

F42QH21XoAAg4Mk

Very quiet season until today but he might be quite dangerous in July if he can keep building his form nicely.
Won his first stage race as a pro today in Romandie. My sense is he’s a rider who steadily gets better relative to everyone else during a stage race so I’m curious to see what he can do in the third week in July. Crashes have prevented us seeing his full potential in that third week during his first two grand tours.

Won his first stage race as a pro today in Romandie. My sense is he’s a rider who steadily gets better relative to everyone else during a stage race so I’m curious to see what he can do in the third week in July. Crashes have prevented us seeing his full potential in that third week during his first two grand tours.
I agree on you, that he seems to become better during a stage race, at least in the first week.

In his two grand tours he really struggled at both a bit in the third week. In the vuelta 2022 a crash could have been the cause, but in the tour 2023, even before his crash at stage 20, his performences in the third week hadn´t been that great. (Stage 16 and 17) So I am curious how he will perform this year at the tour (and especially in the third week).

Reactions: Sandisfan