• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

77th Tour de Romandie (2.UWT) // 23rd - 28th of April 2024

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

yes or no

• Total voters
Consonni, Nys and Aranburu should count as sprinters but Godon is surprisingly good at this.
He’s a big, strong guy who has shown flashes of elite talent outside of the French races in the past 2 years, including winning Brabantse Pijl over Healy. Maybe he’s ready for the next step up.

Ag2R is on fire this season, although Gall and Lafay, who were touted as their breakout stars, haven’t shown much.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He’s a big, strong guy who has shown flashes of elite talent outside of the French races in the past 2 years, including winning Brabantse Pijl over Healy. Maybe he’s ready for the next step up.

Ag2R is on fire this season, although Gall and Lafay, who were touted as their breakout stars, haven’t shown much.
Well, Lafay hasn‘t shown anything because he‘s out until at least the Dauphiné with a knee injury. Maybe Gall will come into form during the summer.

What breakaway are you talking about? I haven’t watched every stage in full but he followed Platt with 2km to go (then got dropped) and yesterday (he sat on because of Vlasov behind).

Are you saying he is Roglic-like or not? i.e stomping in the last 500m cause that boy turned on the engines and flew.
:). It’s all just playing with words. The previous posters had been playfully remarking Lipo-stomp, Lipo-whatever. So joked about what the name would be IF he ever followed wheels all day. :)

Reactions: Sandisfan
What breakaway are you talking about? I haven’t watched every stage in full but he followed Platt with 2km to go (then got dropped) and yesterday (he sat on because of Vlasov behind).

Are you saying he is Roglic-like or not? i.e stomping in the last 500m cause that boy turned on the engines and flew.
Fcking David Platt with his utterly undeserved winning goal.

As for Lipowitz doing some wheelsucking, Sciatic was just waiting for someone to say Liposuction.

Reactions: gunara and Sciatic