• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A coffee and a small Danish.

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
My best mate's fiancee is a pharmacist and she told me this story a week ago:

So during the classics season this dude walks into the pharmacy and hands her a receipt. Now, obviously he doesn't speak Dutch so whilst she's waiting for the prescription to come through and be processed he starts telling her about how he's a cyclist and a former World Champion.
Mind you, she didn't ask, he's just boasting about this.

Now, my question would be. Who do you think it was? And I'm gonna give you a hint. He's not in your first five choices.

I've once heard a story about Mads Würtz going partying at a Danish night club in his rainbow jersey from the U23 ITT in Richmond, so perhaps his younger self could have done something like that. However I'm sure he's matured since then, and I don't think he was in Belgium at that time either.

This is not another guessing game, because this time, I don't know the answer either...

I think I saw one of the Danish National Riders going past my work today.
Don't know who, though, because she - and I'm pretty sure it was a "she" - went past way to fast for me to identify her.
My first guess would have been Koerner, but considering that she's doing Durango-Durango; probably not. Also, she'd probably be wearing Uno-X kit, not National Team kit.
Most likely, it was one of the Junior riders.

This is not another guessing game, because this time, I don't know the answer either...

I think I saw one of the Danish National Riders going past my work today.
Don't know who, though, because she - and I'm pretty sure it was a "she" - went past way to fast for me to identify her.
My first guess would have been Koerner, but considering that she's doing Durango-Durango; probably not. Also, she'd probably be wearing Uno-X kit, not National Team kit.
Most likely, it was one of the Junior riders.

I assume you still work somewhere near Århus, and I doubt Koerner spends much time around here anyway. Her sister does live here though, and apparently she did do a 60 km ride earlier today, but she probably wasn't wearing a national kit during. Julie Norman Leth is the only other female rider I know for sure is living in this area.

I assume you still work somewhere near Århus, and I doubt Koerner spends much time around here anyway. Her sister does live here though, and apparently she did do a 60 km ride earlier today, but she probably wasn't wearing a national kit during. Julie Norman Leth is the only other female rider I know for sure is living in this area.

But she's probably in the "Would wear Uno-X kit" category as well.

My best mate's fiancee is a pharmacist and she told me this story a week ago:

So during the classics season this dude walks into the pharmacy and hands her a receipt. Now, obviously he doesn't speak Dutch so whilst she's waiting for the prescription to come through and be processed he starts telling her about how he's a cyclist and a former World Champion.
Mind you, she didn't ask, he's just boasting about this.

Now, my question would be. Who do you think it was? And I'm gonna give you a hint. He's not in your first five choices.
For anyone who is mildly interested. It was Baroncini

@RedheadDane, have you tipped off your friend Iain Treloar?

I didn't really pay too much attention to the story when it ran in Danish media, but I'm not surprised that Treloar has decided to share it with the world.

I'm invested, please share further updates

This reminds me of the time I came across a death Raccoon on a Belgian road back in 2010ish.
We weren't quite used to the pesky North-American invaders.

Latest posts