• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Adrien Costa is the next Greg Lemond

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Salvarani said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
In the end, it may be a good thing he had already said goodbye to pro cycling (or at least it seemed like it). I hope it makes it easier for him to cope with this tradedy.

I dont really understand why you would say this...

You don't? Let me put it this way, do you think it's easier to lose a leg for a person, who's passion and profession it is to use his legs, or for a person who has many different interests in life? From what it appears to me, is that he was more of the latter than the former. Which is why i hope it makes it easier for him.

Salvarani said:
In the end, it may be a good thing he had already said goodbye to pro cycling (or at least it seemed like it). I hope it makes it easier for him to cope with this tradedy.

I dont really understand why you would say this...

You don't? Let me put it this way, do you think it's easier to lose a leg for a person, who's passion and profession it is to use his legs, or for a person who has many different interests in life? From what it appears to me, is that he was more of the latter than the former. Which is why i hope it makes it easier for him.

I think you coming from a good place, but the original post could have been worded better.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Within three days crowdfunding has already raised 108k for his surgery. Even though this is a personal tragedy it must, to some extent, be of some relieve to be able to pay for surgery*. Many (ex-) cyclists donated money, which is amazing to see. For example, Bardet donated a 1000 dollars. Good old Lance Armstrong 10.000.

*What a horrible country the USA is, pay up or rot away

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Re:

Der Effe said:
Within three days crowdfunding has already raised 108k for his surgery. Even though this is a personal tragedy it must, to some extent, be of some relieve to be able to pay for surgery*. Many (ex-) cyclists donated money, which is amazing to see. For example, Bardet donated a 1000 dollars. Good old Lance Armstrong 10.000.

It's for rehab, which costs a lot in almost all countries.

MuskyOurSaviour said:
Der Effe said:

It's for rehab, which costs a lot in almost all countries.
Well I'm not exactly an expert for this topic but pretty sure you don't need 100k to pay for rehab in Austria. If you do my parents probably haven't told me yet that they have to sell their house

Came across these pics on Twitter :)
DqMEFE0WwAA5_uh

DqMEFE0XcAAhyw9