• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Authentication loop

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Same issue. Issues with the authentication have happened to me before and it always seems to be at times when the most important races are happening....I'm there is a bit of experience bias in that feeling but I'm a daily reader of the site and it's frustrating to say the least. I've sent a service ticket and no response yet.

May 10, 2024
Visit site
Me too. For a couple weeks now. Site is totally worthless. As an IT professional… what you or your contracted service has done is unacceptable. Find a new service pronto! There are plenty of them out there. This glitch and its length would have negated ANY contract I have ever signed for outside services. You are really, really upsetting and disappointing you users (AKA your bread and butter). Fix it or go home and we will all got to Velonews. (Which I already have done and paid their subscription)

May 10, 2024
Visit site
Me too. For a couple weeks now. Site is totally worthless. As an IT professional… what you or your contracted service has done is unacceptable. Find a new service pronto! There are plenty of them out there. This glitch and its length would have negated ANY contract I have ever signed for outside services. You are really, really upsetting and disappointing you users (AKA your bread and butter). Fix it or go home and we will all got to Velonews. (Which I already have done and paid their subscription)
Remember that your greatest ability is your “availability”. Your members are losing faith fast! Your writers will be losing jobs.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok...so I did get a reply from the helpdesk that made a lot of suggestions (delete cookies, try different browsers, etc). I tried all of them and the only one that seems to have had an impact is to access the website via incognito mode (I used chrome for this...other browsers' private functions may also work). Accessing this way I eventually got the "you've used your 5 free articles" prompt then was able to sign into my subscriptions, and then access worked as normal. I have to say that I hope the long-term intention isn't to have a website that only works for subscribers if they are accessing it via incognito...no other subscription service I access requires that.

Reactions: Cookster15
Been having it for two weeks too. Utterly appalling, even for the low standards that the CN website consistently sets. It was bad enough having adverts that would hide half an article etc, this is just a bad joke. Given the lack of responsiveness from the CN owners, I'm tempted to cancel subscription and revert to poaching articles like many others do. Happy to pay for something if it works...

Reactions: Extinction