• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cycling on USA TVs, desktops, laptops, and handheld devices

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I haven’t checked in for a while. Is Max the new equivalent to GCN in the US, does it have replays, and does it have commercials?

I would be willing to pay hundreds of $$$ to have someone with a European credit card sign me up for whatever service is being used in Europe now if it doesn’t have ads which I’m assuming the US one does.

I haven’t checked in for a while. Is Max the new equivalent to GCN in the US, does it have replays, and does it have commercials?

I would be willing to pay hundreds of $$$ to have someone with a European credit card sign me up for whatever service is being used in Europe now if it doesn’t have ads which I’m assuming the US one does.
Peacock has Le Tour and Vuelta, so I was assuming that Max BR does not have everything GCN carried?

you could use those hundreds of $$$ and just sign up for Max ($15.99/month or possibly free if you have HBO on your cable plan), Peacock ($5.99/month) and Flobikes ($12.50/month) and get every single race without also having to pay for a VPN

if you were really dead set on doing a VPN with one subscription, it looks like Flobikes is picking up everything from GCN for Canadian viewers and they already had all of the Peacock races, so theoretically you could get everything with Flo + Canada VPN.

Last edited:
you could use those hundreds of $$$ and just sign up for Max ($15.99/month or possibly free if you have HBO on your cable plan), Peacock ($5.99/month) and Flobikes ($12.50/month) and get every single race without also having to pay for a VPN

if you were really dead set on doing a VPN with one subscription, it looks like Flobikes is picking up everything from GCN for Canadian viewers and they already had all of the Peacock races, so theoretically you could get everything with Flo + Canada VPN.
MAX BR which will carry cycling is free right now for regular MAX accounts, but that particular add-on will be an extra charge pretty soon.

This is what I've been doing. Works fine so far.
Does Flo have commercials?

I’m fairly new to watching cycling, did a lot of catching up on the Christmas vacation and seen pretty much full races, so I’m curious what’s the deal on these RCS races that they only show 40km of it ? Are they just trying to make it fit tv time schedule and make it reasonable to watch to the average person ? I personally prefer to watch the whole 190km etc but maybe I’m a minority and they don’t think that’s good. Guess the question is, has it always been like this ? Will the Giro di Italia not be shown in its entirety ?

Reactions: Sandisfan
March looks good on Max

MARCH 2024
Discipline(s)Date(s)Race Event
Road cycling men & womenMar. 2Strade Bianche
Road cycling menMar. 4-10Tirreno–Adriatico
Road cycling menMar. 5GP Monseré (Coupe de Belgique)
Road cycling menMar. 12Ronde van Drenthe
Road cycling menMar. 14Milano–Torino
Road cycling menMar. 15Danilith Nokere Koerse
Road cycling menMar. 16GP de Denain – Porte du Hainaut (Coupe de France)
Road cycling menMar. 16Milano–Sanremo
Road cycling womenMar. 17Trofeo Binda
Road cycling menMar. 17Koksijde Classic
Road cycling menMar. 19Cholet Pays de Loire (Coupe de France)
Road cycling menMar. 22Minerva Classic Brugge-De Panne Men
Road cycling womenMar. 23Exterioo Classic Brugge-De Panne Women
Road cycling menMar. 24E3 Saxo Classic

Paris Nice schedule on Peackock

Paris-Nice 2024 Schedule

EVENTDATETIMEWHERE TO WATCH
Stage 1Mar 39:10amPeacock
Stage 2Mar 48:50amPeacock
Stage 3Mar 58:50amPeacock
Stage 4Mar 68:50amPeacock
Stage 5Mar 78:50amPeacock
Stage 6Mar 88:50amPeacock
Stage 7Mar 97:25amPeacock
Stage 8Mar 108:05amPeacock | CNBC

Reactions: scribers
I’m fairly new to watching cycling, did a lot of catching up on the Christmas vacation and seen pretty much full races, so I’m curious what’s the deal on these RCS races that they only show 40km of it ? Are they just trying to make it fit tv time schedule and make it reasonable to watch to the average person ? I personally prefer to watch the whole 190km etc but maybe I’m a minority and they don’t think that’s good. Guess the question is, has it always been like this ? Will the Giro di Italia not be shown in its entirety ?
Depends where you live and what you mean by “always been like that.” It’s only recently they started coverage TdF stages ( and in some ot the other stage races) from KM 0.0 to the finish. For one day races it has usually depended on the primary broadcaster and the status of the race. Until the last few years they only broadcast the last 1.5 hrs of Strade Bianchi.
If you followed cycling I the U.S. in the 80s and 90s you never got live cycling—only heavily edited replays of positions of the Tour and perhaps a few other races.

I was really angry at Bob Roll and CVV yesterday, they spoiled the T-A time trial results. I know TA finished first, but I was planning on watching it later

F-YOU bob Roll

F YOU CVV
I watch mostly in Spanish.. ESPN3, Eurosport, or Spanish or Colombian channel, I watch some things w Jacky Durand, don't understand everything he says!! But one thing that is different, listening to Sean Kelly or someone else, the American coverage is done on the premise that majority of the audience either knows absolutely nothing or very very little about what they are seeing. Patronizing 101..
Amazon is sending warning signals that streaming services that use their Firesticks are going to get either cut off or speeds throttled

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan
I watch mostly in Spanish.. ESPN3, Eurosport, or Spanish or Colombian channel, I watch some things w Jacky Durand, don't understand everything he says!! But one thing that is different, listening to Sean Kelly or someone else, the American coverage is done on the premise that majority of the audience either knows absolutely nothing or very very little about what they are seeing. Patronizing 101..
Amazon is sending warning signals that streaming services that use their Firesticks are going to get either cut off or speeds throttled
Completely agree. In addition, when I’ve listened to many of the US and British announcers, they seem to feel the need to make every moment exciting. They should learn from baseball announcers (particularly radio announcers) how to do play-by-play and commentary that reflects the pace of the game action, which like in cycling, has chunks of slow, not-very-exciting pacing.