• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 266 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I find Matt gets too breathlessly excited sometimes, another who seems prone to the exaggerated commentary style, because you watch some of his podcast stuff or videos he puts out, and I just think why cant you commentate like that instead.

Dans always a good pair or foil for any of the commentators they match him with.

Imho Jez Cox and Matt Stephens is really good combo. I really like voice and intonation and general language skills and situation dynamics of Cox, and he goes nicely with Italian, Spanish and French names and places names. This particulary annoys me in Hatch as he overarticulates and Cox does not. Of course both Jez and Matt get quite overhyped and kinda nuts when something big moments happen in a race and it's a bit so and so but.. Overall good pair.

Harris-Bass still available, we do need those lovely recepies?!

Reactions: Sandisfan
Does anyone know the name of the lead commentator of the Romandie race?
If so, I would like to write him a love letter.
The way he casually introduces interesting tidbits -- e.g. surrounding scenery, local bird culture, and random observations -- into intense race commentary is majestic.
He reminds me of my man Carlton Kirby.
Sometimes he leaves his co-host speechless after riffing on local bird culture for a minute straight. I like.

Does anyone know the name of the lead commentator of the Romandie race?
If so, I would like to write him a love letter.
The way he casually introduces interesting tidbits -- e.g. surrounding scenery, local bird culture, and random observations -- into intense race commentary is majestic.
He reminds me of my man Carlton Kirby.
Sometimes he leaves his co-host speechless after riffing on local bird culture for a minute straight. I like.
That post belongs in the "what is trolling" thread. 🙄

I just heard highlights that included CK's voice and am wondering if that's what you mean by the trolling insinuation.
If he's the sole commentator for the Romandie race, I sincerely apologize. I swear I heard another feed that included an unknown voice accompanied by Matt (whom I assume is the guy from GCN).
Honestly, I'm not trying to goof around.

I just heard highlights that included CK's voice and am wondering if that's what you mean by the trolling insinuation.
If he's the sole commentator for the Romandie race, I sincerely apologize. I swear I heard another feed that included an unknown voice accompanied by Matt (whom I assume is the guy from GCN).
Honestly, I'm not trying to goof around.

Its Jez cox

Quite often I find Brian Smith appears to be less than courteous to Jose Been. Does he dislike her, disrespect women in general or is it just Paisley manners?

He does the same to Carlton Kirby as well but in a less dismissive way but rather by just telling Carlton he is an annoying plonker.

Reactions: Sandisfan