• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 267 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As long as Adam Blythe is not there. Used to like him when he first joined for his race insights but now he's a little too matey and jokey.

Luke Rowe could replace him every once in a while, or maybe even more me thinks.. I really like his voice and style of speaking after listening numerous Geraint Thomas podcasts. Then again he is super DS for any team if he chooses that way, time will tell.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I hope you're joking about doing names that way
I wish were. I made the mistake of tuning back in later on (I left it running with the sound off, turning it up if there was an interview) to even hear Antonio Tiberiah.

I know very little Italian, but enough to know that there are plenty of words that end with a consonant and are not finished in normal speech with a gratuitous ahhh, so I don't know why Italian podium announcers tend to do it*, but for a guy from the south coast of England to do it is nothing but a pathetic pastiche.

* @SafeBet , @Mayomaniac : why do they do it?

I wish were. I made the mistake of tuning back in later on (I left it running with the sound off, turning it up if there was an interview) to even hear Antonio Tiberiah.

I know very little Italian, but enough to know that there are plenty of words that end with a consonant and are not finished in normal speech with a gratuitous ahhh, so I don't know why Italian podium announcers tend to do it*, but for a guy from the south coast of England to do it is nothing but a pathetic pastiche.

* @SafeBet , @Mayomaniac : why do they do it?
The fact that that guy continues to be a voice in cycling is absolutely incomprehensible to me. An altogether awful listen, the worst voice imaginable, talks ALL the time and is SO boring.

Adam Blythe doesn't understand that the gaps on the screen are to the leader, wants to add the 2 minutes for the peloton to the one and a bit shown for the chasers, and declares that Piccolo is 3 and a bit ahead of the peloton. Has he ever watched a bike race before? Why is he employed?

Its one of the greater mysteries of cycling what he brings to the table of a GT ...

Adam Blythe doesn't understand that the gaps on the screen are to the leader, wants to add the 2 minutes for the peloton to the one and a bit shown for the chasers, and declares that Piccolo is 3 and a bit ahead of the peloton. Has he ever watched a bike race before? Why is he employed?

Hasn't he done that already this year ? when Dan had to point out to him he'd got the timegaps wrong