• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d’Italia 2024, Stage 8: Spoleto – Prati di Tivo, 152.0k

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah, more or less. And while Aru was really good, he was never really that great and probably got better results than his talent justified considering the team he rode for. Those were great circumstances on those Astana-teams where he was treated like the chosen one.
Aru did manager a GT win and two more podiums during his two peak years, before he suddenly declined. If Tiberi managers to reach about the same level and extend his peak years for a longer time, he should be very satisfied. Especially if the current trend continues, with the widespread neglect of the Giro from a vast majority of the top GC riders.

Today the team controlled a dangerous break very well and finally they were claso to `Pogacar till the end..Not a super team, but maybe the second best team now of the race, with Lipowich out of the race. It would be very boring if Pogacar had the best team as well, with so little big names here.
it was a good climb for Pogacar, maybe a little bit long, but he doesnt have super climbers here to put hi in problems.

Maybe in the Queens stages, but he has Majka and a good margin to manage a potential bad situation-
Anyway we still have race.

How about Sagan's drunkenly fighting police officers "because he feared he would be taken to a hospital and vaccinated"? Where does that rank :tearsofjoy:
I think he strategically mitigated that by becoming irrelevant before that happened. Quite smart actually. Also maybe a bit too comical and not serious enough to ruin someones reputation completely.

Whilst everyone is throwing in some opinion about cats, here's mine: I was walking my golden retriever last year (on a leash) when a stray cat attacked him. The damned cat went for his face & nearly scratched his eyes out. Then there's other cats around here who're very territorial & will literally stalk me (i.e. whilst hissing & whatnot) when I'm walking my dog through 'their' street.

So I mean I love animals as much as most normal people do but there's a limit & that limit is called "real life experiences which aren't a Disney cartoon". There are no excuses obviously for deliberately shooting a cat but these things can be very aggressive, even dangerous & yes, they also slaughter birds, lizards & loads of other town wildlife because their owners apparently don't give a sh*t about them roaming around killing stuff in & out of other people's private property as well.

That was a slight off topic but there you go.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Whilst everyone is throwing in some opinion about cats, here's mine: I was walking my golden retriever last year (on a leash) when a stray cat attacked him. The damned cat went for his face & nearly scratched his eyes out. Then there's other cats around here who're very territorial & will literally stalk me (i.e. whilst hissing & whatnot) when I'm walking my dog through 'their' street.

So I mean I love animals as much as most normal people do but there's a limit & that limit is called "real life experiences which aren't a Disney cartoon". There are no excuses obviously for deliberately shooting a cat but these things can be very aggressive, even dangerous & yes, they also slaughter birds, lizards & loads of other town wildlife because their owners apparently don't give a sh*t about them roaming around killing stuff in & out of other people's private property as well.

That was a slight off topic but there you go.
Yeah honestly, *** cats!

UAE riding to get Pogi stage wins at minimum effort is the worst scenario for this race so I hope Mikkel Bjerg stops offering to chase breaks down.

Starts with a breakaway that isn't as dysfunctional as todays. On paper todays group was strong but no one was willing to work. Too many guys with GC ambitions. Not enough helpers.
Should improve in the 2nd/3rd week when GC dropouts go after stage wins.