• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d’Italia 24, Stage 10: Pompei – Cusano Mutri (Bocca della Selva), 142.0k

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What would the opinion be, if Tiberi had shot a rat instead ?
If it were a pet rat, upon which an owner had lavished care and invested emotional value to interactions: probably not dissimilar. By the same token, if it had been one of a pack of feral cats that constituted a public nuisance, charges would probably not have been brought.

It is only to be expected that popular offence at an action is a consideration in moral opinion.

Reactions: Extinction
Oliveira and Molano made the time cut! (Just)
Just over 2 minutes from OTL - came in 38.08 and time limit 40.17. Have they both got the Pogi sniffles?

"It didn't look like it taking into consideration the results, but Tadej Pogacar fell slightly ill last week at the Giro d'Italia. However, after a much needed rest day, the leader of the race reports that he is feeling better in the meantime.
“My cold is better, we'll see how it goes and how tired I am already. The nasal congestion should clear up completely in the next two or three days," Pogacar told Eurosport this morning. "
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...ll-see-how-it-goes-and-how-tired-i-am-already

Reactions: Rechtschreibfehler
If it were a pet rat, upon which an owner had lavished care and invested emotional value to interactions: probably not dissimilar. By the same token, if it had been one of a pack of feral cats that constituted a public nuisance, charges would probably not have been brought.

It is only to be expected that popular offence at an action is a consideration in moral opinion.
I think the public reaction would have been quite dissimilar. Cats are cute, rats are not.

Chapeau VPP & AG2R - impressive bit of climbing by a guy who makes Froome look like Fatty Arbuckle. Bardet (himself no porker) a good second, but ride of the day, the legend himself, Pozzovivo! Tratnik did a good ride and as he's not got a contract for next year did a good piece of self-advertisement.
UAE rode tempo when they saw the composition of the breakaway and left it to Bahrain & Ineos to pull back the break. Smart? Yep, but not great TV.
Wednesday stage 11 should be a sprint, but Thursday's might be an interesting day as somebody has bound to target it.

Dunno i just noticed them still out on the course and was worried about the cut, maybe struggled a bit on the last climb given their rider profiles as they finished minutes behind the grupetto
Just over 2 minutes from OTL - came in 38.08 and time limit 40.17. Have they both got the Pogi sniffles?
I think it's just the way they like to ride. They also finished behind the gruppetto on stage 2, and among the very last in a couple of Vuelta 23 stages.

since those Nutrias started to invade Europe (saw my first one this Winter), you can occasionally get them over here as well now.

No idea if they have made it up to San Marino yet, though.
Dude!! I was making a stupid joke!!I didn't have any idea that Nutria were an issue, video today showed an old, sweet looking dog run into the road during the stage, but have not seen any rodents running into the race course!! So far Giro has some ponies, horses and dogs included in the action but no massive rats!! They are big enough for a decent fur hat if that's your thing!!

Reactions: search
Dude!! I was making a stupid joke!!I didn't have any idea that Nutria were an issue, video today showed an old, sweet looking dog run into the road during the stage, but have not seen any rodents running into the race course!! So far Giro has some ponies, horses and dogs included in the action but no massive rats!! They are big enough for a decent fur hat if that's your thing!!
Apparently, they were used to produce fur for things like coats, and some of them escaped/were freed from these farms and now are quite invasive, at least in the north of Italy

Reactions: search
Congrats on your first pro win VPP!
They’re more like a beaver except without the tail and engineering degree.

"It didn't look like it taking into consideration the results, but Tadej Pogacar fell slightly ill last week at the Giro d'Italia. However, after a much needed rest day, the leader of the race reports that he is feeling better in the meantime.
“My cold is better, we'll see how it goes and how tired I am already. The nasal congestion should clear up completely in the next two or three days," Pogacar told Eurosport this morning. "
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...ll-see-how-it-goes-and-how-tired-i-am-already
He did that performance while sick!! :tearsofjoy:

Shockingly the whole commentator group never figured out that the most serious real race in this Giro is about WHITE jersey.

Bahrain-Victorious had 2 equal reasons to drive it - a) potentially drop Uijtdebroeks (9 seconds gained) but also to control Zana (who still gained almost 2 mins and is in challenger position).

I don't think their effort had ANYTHING to do with GC and Bardet....

P.S. Only watched it now as delayed transmission, had other things for afternoon / early evening.

Reactions: Salvarani