• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2024, 1st Rest Day Poll: Best of the Rest?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will finish highest in GC in the 2024 Giro of the riders who are not Pogi?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Blobloblo like in the first vote. Why are we having a second vote? Are people changing their original pick? Changing horses in mid-stream is diminishing your first instincts..no? What's the other expression?: make your bed now sleep on it. Anyway...can't wait for Le Tour or any other race.

I don't know, to have a new thing to discuss and by now also simply tradition I guess, isn't there always this poll the last years on restdays?

Martinez has been superb, but due to his crash at Strade, he DNF'd Tirreno and hasn't raced since March the 9th. At some point, I think this will catch up with him?

O'Connor has looked strong and in the third week, could have best climbing doms aside from UAE. And very much buying into the Arensman losing time deliberately strategy. My pick for 3rd spot, with the caveat that this may be hampered by a bit of inter-team rivalry with Thomas.

Last edited:
I voted for Blobloblo like in the first vote. Why are we having a second vote? Are people changing their original pick? Changing horses in mid-stream is diminishing your first instincts..no? What's the other expression?: make your bed now sleep on it. Anyway...can't wait for Le Tour or any other race.
Because things changed? For example Bardet isn't a real contender anymore, makes sense to change your opinion after a full week of racing.

I think it’s very hard to sort who has best form for the podium because Prato d Tivo was ridden in such a controlled fashion it’s hard to sense who will have good climbing legs in the high mountains (once Pogacar leaves everyone behind and they start racing against each other).

I went with Arensberg because I never pick Ineos guys, but why not?

Ed. Feel free to insert the comment/joke “what high mountains” whenever you’d like 😊
I really hope Arsenberg makes an appearance. I would be shocked but not too bothered about the lack of high mountains just to see Pozzo attacking the Arensberg one time.

Reactions: Sciatic
Voted for Einer Rubio cuz that's what this race needs and deserves.

I guess this a taste of how things were in the ancient days of Eddie Murks when most of the peloton were amateurs... people deceived into thinking domination indicates all-time greatness but in reality it's only because the most accomplished competition is an ageing former 3rd rate classics rider.
The main difference is that the current dominator will convincingly lose in July to a salmon manufacturer and we'll be told this is the best it's ever been.

Reactions: Andre
Just gonna hijack this thread!

441656574_975078841289655_7947124484322978402_n.jpg

So, we got the race organisers, the jersey wearers, and... some other guys.