• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2024: Stage-by-stage analysis

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The profile rightly got panned but I'm intrigued by the proposition of someone having a bad moment on Umbrail then having to ride with the camera focussing on them for almost the entirety of the worst 156km of their life.

As for me? I hope it's Ben O'Connor. Nothing specific he's done I just don't like the guy for some reason.
Now this stage is upon us, care to share what the “for some reason” is? I haven’t read anything negative about O’Conner and in the stratospheric level of grand tour contenders I think he doing well after two so so seasons? Good to see IMO but open to change my view with a more informed opinion?

Now this stage is upon us, care to share what the “for some reason” is? I haven’t read anything negative about O’Conner and in the stratospheric level of grand tour contenders I think he doing well after two so so seasons? Good to see IMO but open to change my view with a more informed opinion?
O'Connor has done nothing wrong and seems like an inoffensive guy. I just saw an interview of him and for some reason he reminded me a bit of Michael Clarke, since then I've always associated him with the 2006 Australian Ashes team. Some wounds are still open.

Reactions: Cookster15
The profile rightly got panned but I'm intrigued by the proposition of someone having a bad moment on Umbrail then having to ride with the camera focussing on them for almost the entirety of the worst 156km of their life.

As for me? I hope it's Ben O'Connor. Nothing specific he's done I just don't like the guy for some reason.
Finding someone out requires them to race it hard, which is less likely as the break could be formed by then.

It could be interesting in the way Aubisque was carnage in the Vuelta last year

Anyone who doesn't want to race in 5 degrees and rain can not take the start after the rest day and go to prepare the tour or Vuelta.

It's the giro, you come to the giro you agree to do dolomites in May. Cycling is an outdoor activity

My god what a bunch of clowns in this sport.

Cyclists used to be warriors

Reactions: zlev11 and KOM
So will it just be the final couple of climbs at the end? If so, it should be easy for UAE to control for a simple Pogi stage win

Also, will this mean that the Cima Coppi goes to Pogi for Sunday's stage?

I‘ve looked at the weather models and not a single one is suggesting zero degrees and snowfall. The UCI should consult meteorologists but instead they go like: Why are you riding this in May? Stop hitting yourself with your own hand, Giro! *smack* stop hitting yourself with your own hand, Giro! *smack* Stop…

While I get why people are annoyed by the UCI and the CPA, RCS must have a plan B, right? Like if they seriously don't have a plan B for precisely this scenario that's honestly unbelievable.
View: https://x.com/inrng/status/1792599858353676663

GOCWprFWQAAdZZ3