• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How long did you lurk here before you started posting?

I'm curious.

My first memory here was the outrage at Leipi wining Suisse, probably the GOAT moment on here :D . Then I was pretty hooked. Followed much of the 2011 on here because the stage threads were better up to date than other places I knew

Re: Re:

Jspear said:
Carols said:
Hum I spoke up very soon, but my welcome was less than cordial so I lurked for a while before testing the water again.

What! You're one of the nicest individuals here....not to make it sound like others aren't. :)

LOL I won one of the contests where you pick podiums and there was an uproar that this outsider came in and took the prize. The Pippo signed Italian Champions jersey is safe with me :).

Re: Re:

Carols said:
Jspear said:
Carols said:
Hum I spoke up very soon, but my welcome was less than cordial so I lurked for a while before testing the water again.

What! You're one of the nicest individuals here....not to make it sound like others aren't. :)

LOL I won one of the contests where you pick podiums and there was an uproar that this outsider came in and took the prize. The Pippo signed Italian Champions jersey is safe with me :).

Ah, very nice!

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I originally joined because I couldn't decide whether to pick Purito or Nibali in a fantasy cycling game. So I made a thread about it here. :p

After that I lurked for quite a while until I felt confident enough in my cycling knowledge to start posting more.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I thought Iurked for a while, but then at one point I saw that I have one of the earliest registration dates possible, so I think I must have registered right away but then not posted for a while.

I was initially on Bicycling mags forum and Podium Cafe's but was always visiting the Cycling News site because they had the most detailed and timely race reports at the time and I eventually joined. Christian and I joined at about the same time. I'm thinking that they may not have had a forum until that time or maybe they upgraded the forum. I can't remember exactly.

To the OP: The Levi moment has to be one if not the highest moment of the Pro Cycling Forum. Just classic!

Tour 2011 if I'm not mistaken. I googled Europcar doping? and the first result was a topic on this forum (not in the clinic) :D

I got hooked by the stage threads where I could follow the race even when I couldn't see it live. Great stuff. A couple of months before my first post I guess.

Looking back through this thread, I have one of the earliest join dates with Christian, yet only 300 something posts :D

Really I guess you could say I'm a continual lurker who pops in every few months to post something

Started lurking in spring 2010, after a search for info about Landis' allegations lead me to the Clinic. It used to be a very good source for new info about anything doping related back then. Discovered rest of the forum soon after. Joined during the 2012 Vuelta, but soon after the issue with logging into the forum arose. After that I went back to lurking mode.

After the major forum change last year I was able to log in again and started posting more regularly.

Re:

Jspear said:
I lurked for about a week and then joined. I used the main site cyclingnews for a couple years without even knowing that the forum existed.

Same, I used to lurk first in the old comments section under each article between like 2011-2013, then I started commenting there in 2013, and only found out about the forum back in 2014