• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Road Racing for Women Thread

Page 122 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LAPR0192-kUbG-U3470278589663L2G-656x492@Corriere-Web-Sezioni.JPG

Maglia Rosa for the Giro Donne 2024

Realini, Patiño, Meijering, Perekitko, Océane Mahé and Ytterhus Haugsett were allowed to ride away from a small peloton. Meijrering gapped Realini on the descent before the finish and won by 20 seconds. Mahé finished third. Baril attacked in the final, but she finished 1:50 behind Meijering.

I have no idea how well Meijering can time trial, but I assume her lead is big enough to win the race now. It was her first pro win today, and it's always nice to see the former Zaaf riders get some success. Movistar clearly has the best team here, but it must still be great for them to rack up some early wins in the post AVV world.

Easy win. As expected. Balsamo 2nd. I think Puck 3th and Paternoster maybe 4th, happy for her.

Paternoster was a last minute replacement for Jayco - The team is poor at selecting suitable riders for specific races, while they ride an unsuitable calendar for the characteristics and strengths of their team. Anyway, Paternoster should always be riding races in Belgium and Holland with her skillset.

Reactions: Didinho
Paternoster was a last minute replacement for Jayco - The team is poor at selecting suitable riders for specific races, while they ride an unsuitable calendar for the characteristics and strengths of their team. Anyway, Paternoster should always be riding races in Belgium and Holland with her skillset.
After today hopefully they understand. She was chasing with 3 after the 8 strongest and still ended 4th. Best form for her since some track podiums. Was following her the last 10km’s and she’s so good at positioning on these small roads.

Reactions: yaco