• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Maryland Cycling Classic

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Such beautiful jerseys up for grabs. The battles should be fierce throughout the day

QxrLDTC.png
Jerseys for a one day race: when are they meant to be worn?

Because I'm not from Bretagne.

And Maryland's flag is far superior.

I could never decide if Maryland had the best or worst flag of all 50 US states. It's got a real "so bad it's good" vibe. It's not surprising that Maryland counties also have some of the best and worst flags you will ever see.

Montgomery County, Maryland :)
us-md-mc.gif

Frederick County, Maryland o_O EDIT: This flag has since been replaced with a new design
us-md-fc-o.gif

Last edited:
I could never decide if Maryland had the best or worst flag of all 50 US states. It's got a real "so bad it's good" vibe. It's not surprising that Maryland counties also have some of the best and worst flags you will ever see.

Montgomery County, Maryland :)
us-md-mc.gif

Frederick County, Maryland o_O
us-md-fc.gif
What a bunch of yokels, they need somebody pointing out the shape of their county on a flag.

This year and last year at Maryland have been the only two good races Balmer has done at Jayco.
I have started drinking Ensenada tap water.. Eder Frayre gets a top 10 in Maryland against a good field and Isaac Del Toro looks for a contract so he can race against professional talent in Baltimore!!.. I am going to buy both guys some Old Bay just in case.. Eder saved it for Leigon getting a mention for top ten..

Reactions: Bye Bye Bicycle
Also don't know how McCormick was not all over the race course.. They are either in Hunt Valley or Cockysville..One of their brands has to be a great bike race sponsor

Reactions: Sandisfan
The 2024 edition is cancelled because of the tragic bridge collapse in Baltimore earlier this spring.
Biggest cop out imaginable. Maryland has everything and while crossing the Chesapeake is significant, there are just too many, far too many options. Maryland a little too big to blame a bridge in my opinion
I don't know personally how devastating everything must be,life completely changed for tens of thousands, from work,shopping, travel and the traffic needs to go somewhere!!
I have friends in California and Washington that lost bridges and roads and it added 30 minutes to 4+ hours a day in extra travel time.
US has lost majority of it's races w real struggle to get any traction, Tour of California, Utah, Bisbee, Cascade, Bend, Greenville, Somerville, Philadelphia , Ore Ida womens classic and now the races are held randomly when some cycling enthusiast turns promoter and thinks they see what went wrong and attempt to revive the race.
Sad to say but gravel has found a sweet spot in the market w stand alone events and series like Belgium Waffle Ride and Life Time Grand Prix..while the latest, I think it's the forth version of NCL ( National Cycling League) crashed and burned again and doesn't look to have anyone rushing to do CPR, again.
This race surprised me, w 2 years of cancellation because of severe flooding and the loss of a couple of major roads used in the event but they kept it alive..

Reactions: CPT. Z