• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mikel Landa Discussion Thread

Page 134 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Landistas of the world... who can read Spanish: Landismo has a book!

Landistas of the world... who can read Spanish: Landismo has a book!

Does he explain his whereabouts the past couple of months? I've been curious.

Does he explain his whereabouts the past couple of months? I've been curious.

He was ill in Liege and spent a lot of time off the bike. When training resumed, there was not enough time to get into top form which he had hoped.

I think he went too hard early in the season and that probably didn't help with the illness as he was tired anyway so recovery was slower, but I am just guessing.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It's crazy that he never really performed at the Vuelta before, i think he will do well this year, hopefully.
I don't see him riding La Vuelta. He said the team wants him to ride but he did not seem too interested himself. That might be largely down to the negative experience at the TDF so he might change his mind however he is riding San Sebastien so the chances of him riding Vuelta decrease imo as it makes more sense to rest.

I don't see him riding La Vuelta. He said the team wants him to ride but he did not seem too interested himself. That might be largely down to the negative experience at the TDF so he might change his mind however he is riding San Sebastien so the chances of him riding Vuelta decrease imo as it makes more sense to rest.
He's never done the Tour-Vuelta on the same year before. He had it in his plans in 2018, but crashed out at San Sebastian, so riding San Sebastian is not a sure indicator he won't be at the Vuelta. He just needs to finish unharmed.