• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Music! What are you listening to now?

Page 424 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bryan Adams had a couple of cool songs too back then, this one I remember the most. (I actually never saw the vids that came along with these songs on MTV back then because my family didn't get MTV, and I feel better for it. :p)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VZhSkREYBc
When I was a kid we got three channels ABC, CBS, NBC. Fortunately, a friend got TBS so we could watch Night Tracks Music Videos. To be honest, I was never a huge fan of bands doing air band of themselves in a corny video. As a testosterone loaded teen though, I did enjoy all of the scantily clad beauty queens! :p

When I was a kid we got three channels ABC, CBS, NBC. Fortunately, a friend got TBS so we could watch Night Tracks Music Videos. To be honest, I was never a huge fan of bands doing air band of themselves in a corny video. As a testosterone loaded teen though, I did enjoy all of the scantily clad beauty queens! :p
I think there used to be a show called Friday Night Videos or some such on one of the major networks, I always made sure to watch. Otherwise I just caught some MTV at a friend's house. Geeeez, some of the 80s videos are really cheesy and you can tell they spent a lot of money on the cheese production. (I think I mentioned I think some of the bands who wouldn't have gotten any radio time due to questionable talent got MTV time purely because they were attractive and their videos were nice to look at.)

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdirt
I think there used to be a show called Friday Night Videos or some such on one of the major networks, I always made sure to watch. Otherwise I just caught some MTV at a friend's house. Geeeez, some of the 80s videos are really cheesy and you can tell they spent a lot of money on the cheese production. (I think I mentioned I think some of the bands who wouldn't have gotten any radio time due to questionable talent got MTV time purely because they were attractive and their videos were nice to look at.)
I kinda remember that, but it was on at 1 or 2 AM our time so I don't know if I ever watched it. My favorite MTV show was Head Bangers Ball (also on at bad hours).

Reactions: Tricycle Rider