• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

NBA / NCAA Basketball

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well..........history has shown what direction that ship was heading in and their decision to sit players when they were in a position to possibly make the playoffs was the owner's decision and currently under investigation. I am guessing that eventually lLuka and Kyrie will move on and Kidd will lose his job. Tanking is nothing new but usually not in the position the Mavs were in and it was done so they can retain a draft pick. I'm sure the NBA won't want to see this happening too often. The funniest side of the whole thing is that the Nets made the playoffs without the super heroes and Ben Simmons is still resting on full wages !
I'm shocked anyone wants Kyrie, apart from LA because LeBron thinks he can control him. He's literally crashed 3 teams and Boston were lucky enough that he left rather than them giving up other players to try keep him. He destroyed Brooklyn's roster (and yeah, it's very funny they made it without him!) and I can't see Luka wanting to stay if Kyrie does, unless there's a massive change in how they play together. As a Boston fan I know that players who seem like they might not gel can work it out, but the Jays always showed flashes of it and reached the playoffs.

It'll be interesting to see if the NBA do anything about the Mavs tanking, because Kidd has already admitted it. Losing draft picks is probably the only thing they would care about. While other teams certianly do it, they rarely come out and admit it. they usually make something up.

Ben Simmons fall from grace is really depressing. It's Cody Bellinger-like.

I'm shocked anyone wants Kyrie, apart from LA because LeBron thinks he can control him. He's literally crashed 3 teams and Boston were lucky enough that he left rather than them giving up other players to try keep him. He destroyed Brooklyn's roster (and yeah, it's very funny they made it without him!) and I can't see Luka wanting to stay if Kyrie does, unless there's a massive change in how they play together. As a Boston fan I know that players who seem like they might not gel can work it out, but the Jays always showed flashes of it and reached the playoffs.

It'll be interesting to see if the NBA do anything about the Mavs tanking, because Kidd has already admitted it. Losing draft picks is probably the only thing they would care about. While other teams certianly do it, they rarely come out and admit it. they usually make something up.

Ben Simmons fall from grace is really depressing. It's Cody Bellinger-like.
Bellinger at least won an MVP. Ben Simmons just didn't improve and then quit on his team when he got criticized. And then became a bench player.
Brooklyn also made the playoffs because their record was too good to tank when KD got traded. After the trade they were below 0.500.
It has to be said that Dallas competely collapsed in the last third of the season, 7-18 to finish the season. They have no good center and no defense.

Butler was absolutely amazing!

Nuggets & Suns - get ready to rumble. Nuggets are going to have their work cut out, especially if KD gets rolling.

Looks like Ja Morant's hand injury is getting better in the do or die win against the Lakers. But Memphis still has to win two more. Entertaining seeing Brooks & LeBron duke it out (I got a feeling these two are going to get into a skirmish before the series is over. Lol).

Last edited:
Reactions: movingtarget
Nuggets looking good with a 2-0 lead. The Joker took control of the game with 39 pts & 16 boards in 41 minutes of action. Durant played almost the entire game & looks worn out. Suns are backed into a corner & need to win game 3 or this series is over.

Very impressive:

Nuggets looking good with a 2-0 lead. The Joker took control of the game with 39 pts & 16 boards in 41 minutes of action. Durant played almost the entire game & looks worn out. Suns are backed into a corner & need to win game 3 or this series is over.

Very impressive:

That might be eclipsed if the Lakers/Warriors gets to a game 7 but I'm guessing that all of Sacramento was watching the Kings and their home crowds showed great support.

Reactions: Nomad
Miami and the Lakers getting closer to the next round. Been a bit underwhelmed with the Warriors in this series. 76ers need another big game from Harden.

Not surprised the Bucks canned coach Bud. That's the third playoff series with Bud where a lack of defensive adjustments cost the Bucks badly. He has a great win ratio as a coach but some of the playoff coaching came up short. The same happened with his previous teams. Getting to the playoffs wasn't the problem. As someone in the media said, he's great at building a team but less good at making the right adjustments in the finals but he was also without Giannis for 2.5 games against Miami. That was also obviously a big deal. In recent times he's the 4th championship winning coach to lose his job a few seasons later.

Reactions: Nomad and jmdirt
Miami and the Lakers getting closer to the next round. Been a bit underwhelmed with the Warriors in this series. 76ers need another big game from Harden.

Not surprised the Bucks canned coach Bud. That's the third playoff series with Bud where a lack of defensive adjustments cost the Bucks badly. He has a great win ratio as a coach but some of the playoff coaching came up short. The same happened with his previous teams. Getting to the playoffs wasn't the problem. As someone in the media said, he's great at building a team but less good at making the right adjustments in the finals but he was also without Giannis for 2.5 games against Miami. That was also obviously a big deal. In recent times he's the 4th championship winning coach to lose his job a few seasons later.
I agree, GS doesn't look sharp, but LA is also playing their best BB of the year.