• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New Forum! Feedback thread

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Can sidebars be changed based on which topic we are looking at? By using a flag on the topic? Was thinking it might be interesting to add stage profile and current status in the right side bar when you are in the topic of a race. You can probably just get it embedded from PCS.

Interesting, I have it disabled completely. But I can see the advantage of it if you are out of sync with the majority time zone.
Most other forum notifications are useless things like "xxx has replied to xxx thread", where there might be dozens of replies, most not to you. Which could be said of any thread you post to.

This forum's notifications are "xxx liked you post" or "xxx quoted your post". This facilitates direct conversation and engagement. Simple but strangely lacking in most forum software or setup.

I can't engage with the forum often enough to follow threads w/o specific notifications.

Every day when I log in I get a message at the bottom of the screen 'Cyclingnews Forum would like your permission to enable push notifications.' I always respond NO and it gives me another comment that I should take advantage of the feature. It also gives me the option to Never Get This Message Again, that I always click. Yet the next day when I log in I have to repeat the entire process :confused:

Every day when I log in I get a message at the bottom of the screen 'Cyclingnews Forum would like your permission to enable push notifications.' I always respond NO and it gives me another comment that I should take advantage of the feature. It also gives me the option to Never Get This Message Again, that I always click. Yet the next day when I log in I have to repeat the entire process :confused:

It always make me think web site developers never use the sites they make, or any other site. If they did use the web they would know how annoying and off putting the nagging is and say to themselves "I will never build a website that that nags because it can only drive away users." Yet such websites keep getting upgraded to include nagging.

Since last week, I have problems accessing the forum (and only the forum - cyclingnews.com works fine) from my home connection. The site doesn't load, but I get an "ERR_TIMED_OUT" message instead - no matter what device or browser I use.

After trying all kind of stuff suggested all over the internet, I brought this topic up on a help site of my Internet Service Provider, and other users of the same provider (Vodafone Germany) confirmed that they can't access forum.cyclingnews.com either.

I have no problem accessing the forum from my phone (unless wifi is activated) or with a VPN, but it seems like there is some kind of conflict between the ISP and this forum. Has anything changed which potentially could have caused this?