• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Nordic Skiing/Biathlon Thread

Page 469 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
@Libertine Seguros has anyone ever done 3 penalty loops on the first leg and won a relay before?
Not that I can recall, at least at the World Cup level. I'm sure there are probably some examples from junior levels or something, but I'd be very surprised at the World Cup. For one thing, athletes fast enough to be able to weather that many penalty loops tend not to be used on the first leg, historically that tends to be a slower skiers' leg because of the mass start nature and less time to take advantage of open snow, and teams where an athlete able to be used on the first leg misses enough to cause three penalty loops don't usually have enough pace and quality left in the hutch to come back and win like that.

Looks like it's a 2 horse race now for the overall in the women's. Credit to Tandrevold, she's came out strong since the WC when she could have easily collapsed. She still has a pretty big lead but It's not beyond Braisaz Bouchet to win all 4 remaining races.

I doubt that will happen. If Simon had shot clear and won yesterday, I would have had some belief in her, but I think Tandrevold has secured it now. I know it'll only take one horrible shooting for things to get turned upside down, but JBB is not really more reliable at the shooting range than Tandrevold.

I doubt that will happen. If Simon had shot clear and won yesterday, I would have had some belief in her, but I think Tandrevold has secured it now. I know it'll only take one horrible shooting for things to get turned upside down, but JBB is not really more reliable at the shooting range than Tandrevold.
I'd like Tandrevold to win, I'm just not counting my chickens until its mathematically certain.

Need to pop out for a few jobs, how long is a women's 50km classic likely to last at this altitude, about 2 hrs 20?

Diggins so far rebounding well from looking really vulnerable last weekend; love her or hate her she is a tough cookie. Long way to go to be sure but right now she's doing what she needed to do.

edit: and she catches a tip in that uphill powder and loses touch with Krista; this last 20k are going to be really brutal. Anyone blowing up is going to lose big time..

Last edited:
Frida looks incredible today; her technique is really snappy, totally on top of her skis which on this course today is no small feat. Not the look of someone who is redlining imho.
Yeah, maybe her double poling can still get a big better technique wise, but her diagonal stride is a joy to watch.

Unless she totally cracks the gap is only gonna get bigger and Karlsson is great at pacing herself in long distance mass starts.

Yeah, maybe her double poling can still get a big better technique wise, but her diagonal stride is a joy to watch.

Unless she totally cracks the gap is only gonna get bigger and Karlsson is great at pacing herself in long distance mass starts.
And just like that, unless I'm missing it Frida all of a sudden seems to be breaking down a bit? She was noticeably more in the backseat on that last hill.

edit: maybe just extra deep slough on the hill I saw; she still looks good.