• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

fmbqPrBB_400x400.jpg

1500x500

The first of the big classics. Cobblestones, steep climbs, crazy fans, what's not to like.
A big test for Wout, but MVDP is waiting for San Remo for his start of the season.

Notable mentions: Wout, Philipsen, De Lie, Mohoric, Laporte, Pidcock, Benoot, Kung, Alaphilippe, Wellens, Trentin

a6nAVkg.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport/GCN alternative.

LdbRHGX.png

Full startlist (not yet final):

GGsDny7WMAAGs7t

Last edited:
Women's race thread here:

Last edited:
I don't agree for all races, but I do for bigger ones such as this where the women's race finishes after the men's.

I am on the fence. If races are on different days I very much agree, different threads is the way to go. For example the UAE races. I don't know about the races on the same day, for me it's almost a one day long event, which just happen to be raced by both the men and the women, so the thread is mostly about the race itself, not the racers. I guess that's my 5 cents.

I am on the fence. If races are on different days I very much agree, different threads is the way to go. For example the UAE races. I don't know about the races on the same day, for me it's almost a one day long event, which just happen to be raced by both the men and the women, so the thread is mostly about the race itself, not the racers. I guess that's my 5 cents.

Yeah, but in this case there will be ongoing talks about the men's race while the women's race is in its latter stages (vice versa would also be in issue). Unless you introduce some kind of colour system people will get confused and angry :p

Reactions: Sandisfan
Yeah, but in this case there will be ongoing talks about the men's race while the women's race is in its latter stages (vice versa would also be in issue). Unless you introduce some kind of colour system people will get confused and angry :p

Yes I can see the point I guess. Everyone will be moaning about why Wout didn't do this or that, and that he gifted the win to De Lie because they're both Belgians. Meanwhile the quartet of Vollering, Kopecky, Wiebes and Reussers will be demolishing the field and with a mini TTT gaining minutes on everyone else.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan and xo 1
Yes I can see the point I guess. Everyone will be moaning about why Wout didn't do this or that, and that he gifted the win to De Lie because they're both Belgians. Meanwhile the quartet of Vollering, Kopecky, Wiebes and Reusser will be demolishing the field and with a mini TTT gaining minutes on everyone else.

I won't be majorly surprised if they actually finish 1-4, but doing it in a TTT style would be against everything their team stands for.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I am on the fence. If races are on different days I very much agree, different threads is the way to go.

I'm the opposite; if it's different days - like the De Panne races - I see no point for different threads, as all the action in one race would be done by the time the other starts.

Unless you introduce some kind of colour system people will get confused and angry :p

Because colour systems has worked so well in limiting confusion.

But I promise, I'd never deliberately try to find as many ways as possible to mention 'Norsgaard' without any sort of differentiation.