• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Really? No Baseball Thread?

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

This is it - the last season for the legendary A's at Oakland. Then it's off to a 15,000 seat minor-league ballpark in Sacramento for 2 years until their new indoor stadium is completed in downtown Vegas.

I can remember the days when Oakland had the Raiders & Athletics playing at Oakland Alameda Coliseum. A long history of success with these two clubs winning SBs & WS titles (9 WS championships!). The city lived for those two sports: It kept the spirit of the community alive & gave them pride. A's baseball in Oakland was analogous to Dodger's baseball in LA. Now they have nothing! Owners turnining their back on the fans & chasing the $$$ in Vegas.

Last edited:

This is it - the last season for the legendary A's at Oakland. Then it's off to a 15,000 seat minor-league ballpark in Sacramento for 2 years until their new indoor stadium is completed in downtown Vegas.

I can remember the days when Oakland had the Raiders & Athletics playing at Oakland Alameda Coliseum. A long history of success with these two clubs winning SBs & WS titles (9 WS championships!). The city lived for those two sports: It kept the spirit of the community alive & gave them pride. A's baseball in Oakland was analogous to Dodger's baseball in LA. Now they have nothing! Owners turnining their back on the fans & chasing the $$$ in Vegas.
Speaking on this I wonder what will happened to the AAA Las Vegas Aviators when the A’s move into town. Aviators have a nice stadium with good views from all angles of the ballpark and good food (the banana pudding is amazing). We just took our son to his first baseball game tonight, and he had a lot of firsts.

Reactions: Nomad
Padres playing barely .500..only thing going for them is they play better on the road than at home!! Dodgers have the tools!!

And that post above makes me feel uncomfortable!! Banana pudding at a baseball game!!! How does that even happen!!! That said if I get a chance to try it I will!!

Phoenix Giants!! Only team that ever matters!!

I don’t know whose grandma made this but I wanted to take some Togo when we had it last night. But all the food is good at the park, we try doing a new stand each visit.
I have 2 venues, ball park and cross country motorcycle travel, 3 hotdogs no problem.. Mustard, relish and occasionally onions, rest of the time hotdogs are not my thing. Also breaking peanut shells has little to no appeal unless I am watching baseball.

Reactions: Nomad
Speaking on this I wonder what will happened to the AAA Las Vegas Aviators when the A’s move into town. Aviators have a nice stadium with good views from all angles of the ballpark and good food (the banana pudding is amazing). We just took our son to his first baseball game tonight, and he had a lot of firsts.
That's pretty cool. I remember taking my son when he was a little kid to his first ballgame to see the Rockies at Coors Field (he's 24 & all grown up now. Lol). He's a bigger baseball fan than me & takes in a few games every year.

I wonder if the Aviators would relocate to the Bay area somewhere? (I don't think they would stay in Vegas?). For the longest time the Rockies' AAA affiliate was located in Colorado Springs - about an hours drive from Denver. But they're now located in Albuquerque (Isotopes). Last I checked, there's no AAA affiliate in the Springs leaving a nice ballpark empty - so maybe the Aviators to the Springs?