• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

State of the Peloton 2024

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
https://as.com/ciclismo/el-tas-conf...de-superman-no-fue-por-sustancias-dopantes-n/
Googling translation - (English version at https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...orders-astana-pay-him-a-large-sum-of-back-pay )

CAS considers that Superman did not abandon the Giro due to doping

Astana must pay the Colombian's salary after suspending him for being involved in the alleged Operation Ilex doping scheme.

The UCI opened a disciplinary procedure that has dragged on for more than nine months, with no resolution to date. The case is being prosecuted in Spain, in a court in Cáceres, which must determine whether to open an oral trial for the alleged doping scheme against several of the accused.

Whats going on with AG2R, pretty funny, Valentin Paret-Peintre looked like peak-Froome out there today :laughing:

Some of these young French guys seem to have stopped giving a ***, Lenny Martinez has been pulling some huge performances out of his arse all season too. Alex Baudin might top 10 a GT after coming back from getting popped.

Valentin (Ag2r, MPCC) is 20 minutes back in GC and won from the break that was let go, beating Bardet and Tratnik. really folks I really don't know what you people want. shouting doping at every occasion.

Reactions: El_ojo_del_Tigre
Valentin (Ag2r, MPCC) is 20 minutes back in GC and won from the break that was let go, beating Bardet and Tratnik. really folks I really don't know what you people want. shouting doping at every occasion.
He beat 35 guys after attacking several times throughout the stage and pulling a lot, the break included people who have podiumed Grand Tours and won many prestigious stages, his previous best stage result was 5th in 2023, on a mountain behind Canadian track rider Derek Gee. If you watched the full stage then it wasn't so much the victory as the manner in which he did it, Bardet was 2nd in Liege last month and he was left looking like a child on the mountainside today.

They have 15 wins so far in May this season, with 9 total last year, this alone is a notable but alone not worth a reaction. AG2R being MPCC however is relevant like you said, as the guy they currently have fighting for top 10 has 0 professional wins and just came back flying after a time on the naughty step for cheating and doing drugs during this very race, this has seemingly just been swept under the rug, making the movement even more of a joke that it already is. It is the fact that they shrugged their shoulders at this coupled with a marked upturn in results and performances that incites suspicion.

They should've just left the MPCC, you can't have your cake and eat it.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
He beat 35 guys after attacking several times throughout the stage and pulling a lot, the break included people who have podiumed Grand Tours and won many prestigious stages, his previous best stage result was 5th in 2023, on a mountain behind Canadian track rider Derek Gee. If you watched the full stage then it wasn't so much the victory as the manner in which he did it, Bardet was 2nd in Liege last month and he was left looking like a child on the mountainside today.

They have 15 wins so far in May this season, with 9 total last year, this alone is a notable but alone not worth a reaction. AG2R being MPCC however is relevant like you said, as the guy they currently have fighting for top 10 has 0 professional wins and just came back flying after a time on the naughty step for cheating and doing drugs during this very race, this has seemingly just been swept under the rug, making the movement even more of a joke that it already is. It is the fact that they shrugged their shoulders at this coupled with a marked upturn in results and performances that incites suspicion.

They should've just left the MPCC, you can't have your cake and eat it.

he was 4th at the Tour of the Alps (ahead of Bardet). he's on form. he was ahead when the bigger part of the break was taken by surprise and Chavez, Pozzo and co lost time before the sprint. Bardet is doing better, he was sick last week, and he was distanced, not left like a child. Baudin took tramadol, was suspended, and now he's back. when he tests positive again for tramadol I'll point the finger. when Aurelien beats the big guns I'll point the finger.
O'Connor is 4th in GC, he already was 4th in a grand tour in TDF 2021 iirc

Ag2r has a far from perfect history with antidoping, crying MPCC with them doesn't really make sense.

After being almost a laughing stock of the world tour for years they are suddenly a top 5 team. Lapeira, Baudin, Valentin pater pentre, cosnefroy, O Conner, tronchon, Godon have all very suddenly and very obviously hit a much better level. Some of these guys had farmers results before this spring and are now winning WT races

Whats going on with AG2R, pretty funny, Valentin Paret-Peintre looked like peak-Froome out there today :laughing:

Some of these young French guys seem to have stopped giving a ***, Lenny Martinez has been pulling some huge performances out of his arse all season too. Alex Baudin might top 10 a GT after coming back from getting popped.
As soon as I heard talk of AG2R upping their nutrition game this year a few months back, I knew we’d be in for something good.

Reactions: zlev11
Ag2r has a far from perfect history with antidoping, crying MPCC with them doesn't really make sense.

After being almost a laughing stock of the world tour for years they are suddenly a top 5 team. Lapeira, Baudin, Valentin pater pentre, cosnefroy, O Conner, tronchon, Godon have all very suddenly and very obviously hit a much better level. Some of these guys had farmers results before this spring and are now winning WT races

when O'Connor and Gall outpedal Pog and Roglic and Remco I'll cry wolf. until then I just clap when a team, a steady team in any case, has great performances.
also, betting on the GVA and the Naesens didn't go well

O'Connor is confirming, for now, his level, he was 4th at the Tour 2021
Gall already went very well at the TotAlps 2022 getting top10 in every stage, MTF included
won his TDF stage from the break and placed 9 in GC 2023

last year they had just 9 wins, but with 3 WT wins, and Godon won Brabantse Pijl and Veneto he didn't SUDDENLY star going well in 2024. also Peters won a great Laigueglia
Cosnefroy was sick both in spring and in autumn, while this year he's finally 100%

in 2022 they won 3 WT races: Quebec (Cosnefroy) TDF stage (Jungels) Catalunya stage (O'Connor)

in 2021 4 WT races (Godon 3 wins, Paris-Camembert among those, like Cosnefroy this year. those kind of races are a goal for the French team, same as Tour du Jura, they won in 2022 too) and see Cosnefroy with 3 wins ( one being Tour du Finistere, same as he won last month)

and check Godon as early as 2020, and Cosnefroy. they keep doing what they're able to

Today Geraint Thomas said in an interview that he fully supports anyone who has the legs to win should go for it on any given stage. He was referring to Tadej and murmurs within the peloton that some riders are unhappy with his winning ways.
He followed that by saying it's something he wouldn't do. Why not?

none of this disputes the fact that he was the 2nd best climber in the third week of the tour de france

I wasn't disputing his great 3rd week, I said between the first two week and the third week he did great. all than summed up led him to 8th in GC and a stage win.
if in the future he gets a Wada/Uci letter I will point the finger, no problem.
for now I enjoy and hope he does it again next July

Today Geraint Thomas said in an interview that he fully supports anyone who has the legs to win should go for it on any given stage. He was referring to Tadej and murmurs within the peloton that some riders are unhappy with his winning ways.
Have you never seen him race? He has one 30 second attack & thats it. If nothing else, he's a realist.

Reactions: the delgados
I heard the interview, he just meant he would blow up quickly if was attacking for every stage.

Interestingly enough apparently Tiberi's nickname in the peloton is 'The Sniper'

• Haha
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
I heard the interview, he just meant he would blow up quickly if was attacking for every stage.

Interestingly enough apparently Tiberi's nickname in the peloton is 'The Sniper'
That's what I figured he'd say if the interviewer asked the follow-up question. I probably tend to read too much into things, but Geraint knows this isn't Tadej's first rodeo. He knows Tadej knows what he's doing; the guy is not going to blow up.

Reactions: pastronef