• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 557 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Which makes sense. But at the same time, and to keep it in his own words, @mou seems to be a bit of a fraud with his claims about Pogi. All exactly in line with what he has done the past 3 years as well.
It is early to say. I don't think he peaked for the Giro so it is a expected performance. One thing is important to say, he put 26 seconds after a comeback in the last 10 km and this margin is enormous for this type of climb. Prati di Tivo will give us a clear picture IMHO.

It is early to say. I don't think he peaked for the Giro so it is a expected performance. One thing is important to say, he put 26 seconds after a comeback in the last 10 km and this margin is enormous for this type of climb. Prati di Tivo will give us a clear picture IMHO.
I am not saying Pogacar is not great. Obviously not. But as you also said - everything this season feels “expected”.

Could the plan have changed after the crash at itzulia? He seems a little undercooked compared to what I was expecting. I don't see him really soft-pedaling, too much spitting, laborer facial expressions. Maybe I'm underestimating the competition.

I am not saying Pogacar is not great. Obviously not. But as you also said - everything this season feels “expected”.
Of course I didn't buy all the hype mou put in Pogacar. However, we tend to forget how incredible he has been this season. We are getting to the point where Pogi has disappointed when he doesn't crush his rivals by several minutes. What he did in strade bianche is incredible and can't be seen as "expected". Or even Vallter 2000, where he gained a minute and half in a fairly easy climb.
Today was a good performance but we need to wait for the Tour to assess his true level.

Of course I didn't buy all the hype mou put in Pogacar. However, we tend to forget how incredible he has been this season. We are getting to the point where Pogi has disappointed when he doesn't crush his rivals by several minutes. What he did in strade bianche is incredible and can't be seen as "expected". Or even Vallter 2000, where he gained a minute and half in a fairly easy climb.
Today was a good performance but we need to wait for the Tour to assess his true level.
Fair, maybe I am indeed to “hard” on him since he just does awesome stuff over and over again. Just not sure if Pogacar’s gap to his rivals became that much larger (if at all).