• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The 2024 CQ Ranking Manager Thread

Page 67 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BTW - Thank you for your website. I appreciate it
Now - if only someone could make an add on to tell me what races my riders are riding (similar to this): https://wheres-my-vds-team.onrender.com/?team_ds=
For that two things are needed: Source that shows where riders are riding and a way to link the two different databases. Since linking on names is not reliable. Maintaining a mapping myself would be very time consuming. Otherwise we could crowd source the latter... (Still need #1 though). Then everyone can add a mapping for a rider not mapped yet.

I don't think so. Bit when I wrote the post I had noticed that Biniam's points from Sunday's stage were not there.. But I haven't checked the other scorers from Sunday.
Maybe the results from Sunday's stage were updatde the same day? (by CQ I mean).
I'll need to check what happens in Sundays/Mondays. Maybe it skips a day there somehow (won't impact overall results, only showing of the weekly). Then its a bigger than or equal to or bigger than statement thing. Will keep an eye on it ! But if you see it again send me a message and its easiest to debug.

Considering that about half the people who don't have him didn't realise he wouldn't be racing until late April until after the deadline, Nys becoming a musthave would be rather frustrating for all of us who dropped him for that reason.

But even without Nys, this would have been an abysmal week for me. Not even sure I made it out of the double digits...

Thibau Nys into profit 3 weeks after his season start!!

This man could become a big factor in this game!
That facepalm I did when I discovered long after picking him that he wasn’t starting the season until after the classics is fully erased now he is looking like a great pick.

Possible road to a GT debut in La Vuelta? Points farming in the Belgian and Italian semi classics would be more profitable for us CQ managers.

He is the Hirschi of 2024.
Interesting fact is, that the Cosnefroy owners (16 players) are (given his outstanding performance this year) still relatively low in the current overall ranking. Just 3 players in the current top 20 and 5 players in the current top 30 have him. There are just 2 players (Shalgo and adamski), who have him and the other outstanding pick Ayuso combined.

Update #17: Nys leaves Hung(a)ry for more

Thibau Nys proved he might turn into a major steal with a stellar week in Hungary while Pogacar continued his dominance in Italy.

This Week's Top Scorers

Rank
Team
Points this week
1​
650​
2​
583​
3​
565​
4​
481​
5​
468​

Googolplex is the only team to crack 600 points this week on the back on the aforementioned Nys and Pogacar as well as Cosnefroy. Crevaison's team doesn't fall flat behind the efforts of Nys, Milan and Thomas. Boris98 takes third buoyed by Nys, Thomas, Cosnefroy and Oscar Rodriguez. Eyeballs Out and will10 both use a core of Nys, Martinez and Valgren to round out the top 5.

This Week's High Movers

Rank
Team
Points this week
1​
(+12)​
2​
(+10)​
3​
(+10)​
4​
(+6)​
4​
(+6)​
4​
(+6)​

The three highest scorers also nab a double digit jump. Two more Nys teams join Eyeballs Out for 4th place.

Green Jersey Competition

Rank
Team
Total
1​
184​
2​
180​
3​
178​
4​
120​
5​
119​

Googolplex's weekly win puts their team in the lead but the margin between the top three is incredibly small at this stage.

Top 10 Overall

Rank
Team
8101​
2​
7194​
3​
7123​
4​
7098​
5​
6834​
6​
6770​
7​
6747​
8​
6729​
9​
6707​
10​
6547​

We have a shake up on the podium with EITB grabbing second place thanks to Nys while skidmark and adamski101 slide down one rank (but enjoy a fairly comfortable 250 points buffer to fifth place). Cosnefroy keeps shalgo's team ticking and their lead growing. Last week's tie for 10th is broken with repre falling out of the ten best teams.

spreadsheet link

haven't checked in for a while - can't ever remember anyone having a ~1000pt lead this early, incredible stuff
Neither can I. I have Uijtdebroeks and Tiberi (shalgo and myself both picked Arensman and Martinez) on my team so I might be able to cut into that lead a little after the Giro but it's hard to see how anyone will close the entire gap.

Congrats on a great week by the way.

Interesting fact is, that the Cosnefroy owners (16 players) are (given his outstanding performance this year) still relatively low in the current overall ranking. Just 3 players in the current top 20 and 5 players in the current top 30 have him. There are just 2 players (Shalgo and adamski), who have him and the other outstanding pick Ayuso combined.
Reminds me of 2022 when Evenepoel was a great pick yet there were only a couple of good Remco teams.

Next minor category, first to have half a team in profit? (should we insist on 17 riders, or allow half a team for those who have fewer than 33?) 6 teams on 7 as of this morning.
I believe that @triley36 has recently become the first to pass that mark, and now has 17.

@Shakes : your table to track this has gone rather awry, showing some teams as having 41 riders, and miscounting the number in profit (unless I am missing something) for at least Triley, Googolplex and Anderis.

Uijtdebroeks out certainly not good news for all of his owners and has a major impact on this game, as he was one of the riders present in about half of the good placed teams here.

Just made a quick analyse, which good placed GC riders are present in our current top20 overall and this is the result. I think there are 5 teams in the current top20, which have both Martinez and Tiberi in their team.

Pogacar0
D. Martinez16
G. Thomas0
O'Connor0
Tiberi8
Bardet0
Fortunato0
Zana0
Rubio0
Arensman17
Hirt2
Storer1
Baudin0
Pozzovivo0
J. Lopez2

Last edited:
With Martinez, Tiberi, Hirt and Arensman in my squad (had Uijtdebroeks also...) a big payday at the end of the Giro seems possible. But much needed points also as I'm only ranked 44th right now. Did too much picks where I tried to be smarter than anybody else and wasnt convinced that Del Toro would be able to score from day one while thinking that Tao Geoghegan Hart could have a great year again
:rolleyes: :D