• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Bora - Hansgrohe team thread

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Then what are they going to do with that 45M?
He said 1/3 of the budget raise will go into the team structure. They want to get the best out of the riders. He also said Roglic was paid with the savings of 2022/2023. But with new money they could probably resign Hindley and Vlasov. Pithie won't be so cheap and perhaps they will save some money.
He also said he won't pay more then market value. The team will pay fair and help the riders with a good structure and the best possibilities to develope. I think Red Bull wants to be the benchmark in developing riders.

Reactions: Sandisfan and acm
Then what are they going to do with that 45M?

Party.

Jokes aside this is now a rather suitable budget for a team that wants do be a top tier team in pro road cycling. Personally i do believe some more established riders to sign for them in the future but from star and super star point of view they are rather covered for now in stage racing. They really can try to develop a future star or potentially super star too, they have the means and the time to do so.

He said 1/3 of the budget raise will go into the team structure. They want to get the best out of the riders. He also said Roglic was paid with the savings of 2022/2023. But with new money they could probably resign Hindley and Vlasov. Pithie won't be so cheap and perhaps they will save some money.
He also said he won't pay more then market value. The team will pay fair and help the riders with a good structure and the best possibilities to develope. I think Red Bull wants to be the benchmark in developing riders.
I still don't see how they will spend 45M in one year

Reactions: Sandisfan
I still don't see how they will spend 45M in one year
Easy, they need to compete with the marginal gains budgets of Jumbo, UAE & Ineos. More staff, more research, more sports science, medical science, HQ upgrades, consultancy etc. How many staff are Bora at the moment? 40 staff maybe? Ineos & Jumbo are around double that number of staff supporting the same number of riders in the same number of races.

Reactions: Sandisfan and acm
Ralph Denk mentioned (in the german Podcast Sportschau Tourfunk from 2nd Mai) that buying stars is not the plan, they want to develop iconic riders even if it take some years. He pointed on red bull activities in other sports, that they are always developing athletes and not buying the big stars of the sport
Well, Red Bull in other sports such as football develop players that eventually get sold to other teams so not really the stategy to mimic if you want to be at the very top of a sport. Then again with the long contracts that young riders are signed to these days the prospect of top riders ever moving teams is perhaps not that high.

Reactions: Sandisfan
  • Haha
Reactions: Berniece
Mathieu Kockelmann with his first victory in a race outside national championship or national level in the u23 ranks. He won a stage at the Grand Prix Orlen. This is a huge step back to Bora. Maybe he can secure a spot at the world tour squad, or he will go to the devo team and ride a lot with the world tour guys in smaller races.