• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Great Big Cycling Transfers, Extensions, and Rumours Thread

Page 254 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Shite is a bit exaggerated, but one must wonder what is happening there.

From 2022 to 2024 they may lose Carapaz, Dunbar, Porte, Yates, Sivakov, TGH, Rodriguez, Tulett and Martinez of GC contenders or domestiques for GC contenders. The only new addition since last year is Arensman. Rumoured in for next year is only Foss and Landa. That is a BIG difference.

Is it a money issue? I can be on board with dropping several of these guys to prioritize talents like Pidcock, Sheffield, Tulett and Plapp, but not so many. And now they are also seemingly losing Tulett. Him and TGH should really have been two riders they should have kept. Especially because G is approaching the end of his career and it seem very uncertain if Bernal can get back to his previous level.

That seems right. And those rumours are from after he was injured.

Ineos are trying to buy QS so they can get Remco. the talks are happening and pretty far down the line.

I cannot see PL walking away with pride in his hand though.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan and xo 1
3 things that tempted this move:
Will be promised leadership
It wont happen
Money
It's also much more fun to be a dom on a team where their main guy is a winning maschine and the #2 has huge potential. MAkes it more fun when you get a share of the prize money ;).

Bruno Armirail is a way more useful rider for UAE than Sivakov. They don't lack climbers. They need a couple of Van Hooydoncks and Laportes.
indeed, in modern cycling, staying in front without eating a lot of wind is key. Pogi is a very good rider and is good at staying in position on his own, but they need to help help him a bit more once in a while.

Reactions: Sandisfan and xo 1
Ineos are trying to buy QS so they can get Remco. the talks are happening and pretty far down the line.

That would be just sad. Since they haven't managed to accquire any of the new greats in cycling (Pog, Vinge, Remco, WVA, MvdP and perhaps Ayuso) they buy a whole freakin team to get one of these. It's even worse than the sportswashing teams of UAE and Bahrain.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ineos should just buy out Wout & Nathan and do a swap for remco. Maybe kick in some cash or take hirt off their hands which would free up some cash to strengthen the core around Wout. Probably cheaper than trying to buy the team.

Bruno Armirail is a way more useful rider for UAE than Sivakov. They don't lack climbers. They need a couple of Van Hooydoncks and Laportes.
Agree, but there are other races than the Tour, and based on rumours for next year, I think UAE will prioriotize top climbing talent (Yates, Ayuso, Almeida) who will also ride up there in the GC in TdF. At least 2 out of those 3 would be my guess, so that leaves a spot or two for the Giro. And who knows, maybe they also bring Vine and Mcnulty and throw everything and the kitchen sink into the race which seems to be extremely mountanous and only go with 2 rouleurs.