• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Patrick Lefevere Depreciation Thread

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Patrick Lefevere walks back criticism of Julian Alaphilippe​

'My Dutch is not always well understood' Soudal-Quickstep boss claims

As I said, everything is fine!

GG5ReKSWMAA4Yx3
This isn't the only place Patrick will kiss a Winner when he's making money.

She's known as arrogant? By whom?
Taking advantage of her job? To do what? What does this even mean? She has a job which she's doing...
Why is that a unhealthy situation? What is actually, that she has a job?
IF she has a negative influence on Alaphilippes performance, the employer still has to stay out of his private life. Or do you plan to install cameras in your house so that your employer can check if there's anything that might negatively affect your work?
It was up to Rousse (the women) to remain silent after PL (the man) said something. So women should let their husban's bosses denigrate them without responding?
What should Rousse do about the situation while remaining silent?
What were the numerous warnings?

Amazing how you managed to package so much nonsense in a single post.
Agree. Julian has a child. If the child said "Papa. don't go training today and play with me" or if the child is sick then the child will also have a negative influence on the performance. According to the Pat Lef dictum, Julian should leave the child or not have a child at all in the first place.🤦😂

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Agree. Julian has a child. If the child said "Papa. don't go training today and play with me" or if the child is sick then the child will also have a negative influence on the performance. According to the Pat Lef dictum, Julian should leave the child or not have a child at all in the first place.🤦😂

I hate to sound like a d*ck here but in any line of work the company which employs a person will start to ask questions if the private life of the employee is affecting their work. Whether it's because of booze... or simply having a child.

I mean no one can say to their boss "oh sorry yeah I'm behind with my schedule or late for work because my 3 year old wanted me to go & play with him". That person would get... fired.

Training is a full part of a pro cyclist's job.

I think the next time Lefevre feels disappointed in alaphilippe, he should ring Sylvan Adams and ask him how it feels to have a rider on a multi year 5m euros per year contract who can't even get results in the Tour or Rwanda, he might feel a little better and calm down.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
She's known as arrogant? By whom?
Taking advantage of her job? To do what? What does this even mean? She has a job which she's doing...
Why is that a unhealthy situation? What is actually, that she has a job?
IF she has a negative influence on Alaphilippes performance, the employer still has to stay out of his private life. Or do you plan to install cameras in your house so that your employer can check if there's anything that might negatively affect your work?
It was up to Rousse (the women) to remain silent after PL (the man) said something. So women should let their husban's bosses denigrate them without responding?
What should Rousse do about the situation while remaining silent?
What were the numerous warnings?

Amazing how you managed to package so much nonsense in a single post.
Welcome in real life. When you are working for a company, so for a boss. Being drinking a lot (at home, in the pub), But private, in your spare time. Not performing at monday and later also the rest of the week. Then you will first receive warnings. You'll be fired later, if not changing you behaviour and attitude. That's exactly what happened/happens with Ala. Not as bad then a alcoholic, working for a company. But as a topathlete too much partying and going out. At this level, only performing at 97 or 98 %, is devastating for results.... and teamspirit.
As for Rousse, you're clearly not an insider.
The so much nonsense in a single post totally applies to you. Inform yourself. Read the many reactions, not only from Gilbert's partner (and insider). Yes, indeed, there were several warnings. If you don't follow cycling, you shouldn't come here and be a fool

Patrick is right. Marion has destroyed Julian. Like she destroyed Tony. Why in world should it be bad to state the obvious. They need to split up. Now.
Many people here who do not follow cycling closely but still write stupid things. Rousse has had a bad influence on men's cycling for years. Just because she is a reporter and media figure does not mean that this should not be stated.
Ala and Rousse don't have to split. But Rousse must stop using Ala for her financial model (influencer, etc.), and no longer drag Ala to all kinds of parties, presentations and shows during the off-season and sometimes even during the season.

Hopefully Ala will see that himself, although I believe this is already too late. If he wants, Ala may still be able to reach a reasonable level this season, but no longer at the top level. Don't forget that he was no longer at his best already during the 20's (3 wins) and 21's (4 wins). The two short peaks, the world titles, have camouflaged that somewhat. So, performing 4 years under his level, and the last two seasons even not performing.

Next year, probably with a French team, he will still earn well, but, like Sagan and Froome, he will not achieve anything.

Reactions: staubsauger
I think the next time Lefevre feels disappointed in alaphilippe, he should ring Sylvan Adams and ask him how it feels to have a rider on a multi year 5m euros per year contract who can't even get results in the Tour or Rwanda, he might feel a little better and calm down.
Indeed.
But Ala will also find a team next season (probably a French one) that will pay him far too much in exchange for not performing. As happened with Sagan and Froome. Froome then had a (reasonable?) excuse that his injuries caused permanent damage. But not Sagan underperforming (or even not performing) from the age of 28/29.

Welcome in real life. When you are working for a company, so for a boss. Being drinking a lot (at home, in the pub), But private, in your spare time. Not performing at monday and later also the rest of the week. Then you will first receive warnings. You'll be fired later, if not changing you behaviour and attitude. That's exactly what happened/happens with Ala. Not as bad then a alcoholic, working for a company. But as a topathlete too much partying and going out. At this level, only performing at 97 or 98 %, is devastating for results.... and teamspirit.
The so much nonsense in a single post totally applies to you. Inform yourself. Read the many reactions, not only from Gilbert's partner (and insider). Yes, indeed, there were several warnings. If you don't follow cycling, you shouldn't come here and be a fool
You must be fun at parties. Also, don't say "inform yourself" without sharing links to the information that according to you is clearly out there..

Reactions: Bolder
How old are you, 13? At least that's how old you sound.

Your darling Patrick is WAY closer to being an alcoholic than Alaphilippe. If you don't know that, you're clearly not an insider.

Btw, your fantasies are clearly NOT what happened here.

Reactions: IndianCyclist
I hate to sound like a d*ck here but in any line of work the company which employs a person will start to ask questions if the private life of the employee is affecting their work. Whether it's because of booze... or simply having a child.

I mean no one can say to their boss "oh sorry yeah I'm behind with my schedule or late for work because my 3 year old wanted me to go & play with him". That person would get... fired.

Actually, my employees could absolutely say that, and I would be fine with it.

Totally agree. The family, particularly a former racer/spouse should know and support that dedication...it's what is putting food on the table.
An employer that goes to the media to add pressure to his employee is in dangerous and likely unproductive territory. He's already lost the game at that point and is looking for an exit strategy. Maybe Patrick thinks embarrassing his riders actually works all the time. Both he and Alaphilippe need help but I'm not sure who needs it the most.

Many people here who do not follow cycling closely but still write stupid things. Rousse has had a bad influence on men's cycling for years. Just because she is a reporter and media figure does not mean that this should not be stated.
Ala and Rousse don't have to split. But Rousse must stop using Ala for her financial model (influencer, etc.), and no longer drag Ala to all kinds of parties, presentations and shows during the off-season and sometimes even during the season.

Hopefully Ala will see that himself, although I believe this is already too late. If he wants, Ala may still be able to reach a reasonable level this season, but no longer at the top level. Don't forget that he was no longer at his best already during the 20's (3 wins) and 21's (4 wins). The two short peaks, the world titles, have camouflaged that somewhat. So, performing 4 years under his level, and the last two seasons even not performing.

Next year, probably with a French team, he will still earn well, but, like Sagan and Froome, he will not achieve anything.
You mention Sagan. He has 120+ pro wins, so to claim he faded because he changed teams or didn't have it in him anymore is not comparable.

Sagan at his peak was way better than Ala has ever been.

Froome is in the clinic so let's not go there.

Otherwise I firmly agree.

Your darling Patrick is WAY closer to being an alcoholic than Alaphilippe. If you don't know that, you're clearly not an insider.

Patrick might be what you state. That's not the point. He delivers. Every year.

And his employees are not on the same contract as him which should state the obvious. He is in charge.

Lefevere is well performing as a teamboss. He has not to perform on a bike. Alaphilippe is not performing as a toprider at all, earning at least 2 millions a year. For obvious reasons.

Oh, and by the way. I'm much older. Even 65. I have been following cycling since 1967. I have been following cycling (and other sports, politics etc) in 5 different languages (newspapers, internet). And cycling also inside. That allows me to have a very clear picture of what is going on in cycling (and other domains). And you ? Judging by your stupid reactions you are aware of very little.