• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 970 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
be89954741a3495ebb99df28a1d90663.jpeg

Is that guy on the right with sunglasses and a wig Remco?

3 is too many? There are 8 spots, how would you divide this? You have Remco as the leader, but how many people do you need in the mountains? There are 7 spots left, wouldn't 4 be enough? Knowing you have Landa and Van Wilder already that can go to the last 10-20 riders.
I hope Cattaneo can be 100% ready. He's a very strong rouleur but is also good uphill. Then two other rouleurs should be enough I think. Vervaeke is also not bad on the flat.

Without Cattaneo I would take three rouleurs yes.

I think my ideal selection would be: Remco, Landa, Van Wilder, Vervaeke, Cattaneo, Lampaert, Asgreen (or Pedersen/Moscon) + one more climbing type (Hirt/Knox) but I understand a case can definitely be made for an extra rouleur instead of Hirt/Knox or even a pure workhorse like Serry.