• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UAE-Team Emirates thread

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In the end teammates probably wont matter much anyway at the Tour de France. Pogacar and Vingegaard are so much above their teammates that if you need them you are most likely in big trouble. Surely there can always be a situation in which you attack and close a gap to a teammate ahead of you who is able to help in flat parts. But if that scenario takes place, Pogacar or Vingegaard is already in big trouble anyway as he lost the backwheel of his opponent.

We talk so much about the teams at the Grand Tours, especially the Tour de France, but if the last years have shown one thing, then that in the end the top riders just need to have the better legs than their opponent.

https://youtu.be/8CrSWYo_4aM?si=pBOm7Ctf2ZMT2k7F

Praising Soler and Almeida while simultaneously saying he had to win for them 🫢🤔

It makes him sound so nice, but if I was his teammates I'd feel belittled. 🫨

Giving gifts is one thing but when gift giving fails don't rub it in 🤫🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
No doubt UAE has (since this season ?) the strongest team (by far) for stage races and hilly one dayraces. But without Pogacar at the start, the team has sometimes problems in using the potential of the team. Nevertheless, they won Iztulia with Ayuso and they were very successful in Asturia (three stages and the general). I think they will destroy the other teams during the Tour (as Jumbo did the last two years).

Reactions: Sandisfan
I personally think that Pogacar has to be a great metric to measure yourself by and riders like Isaac Del Toro watching his training and racing practices has to be like a masters degree from the University of Pro Bike Racing.. I am super happy for all the very young riders being exposed to a fantastic UAE program structure. For Del Toro association with UAE has really fast tracked everything.. If he had signed w Confids, Movistar, Trek, things would be different I think

I personally think that Pogacar has to be a great metric to measure yourself by and riders like Isaac Del Toro watching his training and racing practices has to be like a masters degree from the University of Pro Bike Racing.. I am super happy for all the very young riders being exposed to a fantastic UAE program structure. For Del Toro association with UAE has really fast tracked everything.. If he had signed w Confids, Movistar, Trek, things would be different I think

Totally agree.

And credit to UAE for race so many races instead of staying on top of a volcano all year around. Respect!

UAE team for the Giro - Bjerg and Laengen? would have thought one of them would have been saved for the Tour. Novak to ride Teddy's spare bike around Italy, Majka to calm things down if needed (Majka was the guy slowly pulling on the front in 2021 & 2022 when Teddy bonked). Molano? I guess an extra hand for the flat rather then for sprints. The line up looks like, Teddy's going to be in pink for a long time so guys for pulling on the front.

UAE team for the Giro - Bjerg and Laengen? would have thought one of them would have been saved for the Tour. Novak to ride Teddy's spare bike around Italy, Majka to calm things down if needed (Majka was the guy slowly pulling on the front in 2021 & 2022 when Teddy bonked). Molano? I guess an extra hand for the flat rather then for sprints. The line up looks like, Teddy's going to be in pink for a long time so guys for pulling on the front.

When did Pogi bonk in 2021? Leuven?

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Majka was nowhere near him on that occasion. Clearly you meant 2022 and 2023.
Majka tried to go to the front but Ineos (Kwia I think) went back on the front as he slowed down. Ineos went full gas on the second ascent so fast infact they burnt out Carapaz who was supposed to attack! Vingegaard attacked instead and Pogacar tried to follow but could not. Rewatch the video if you don't believe me.

Majka tried to go to the front but Ineos (Kwia I think) went back on the front as he slowed down. Ineos went full gas on the second ascent so fast infact they burnt out Carapaz who was supposed to attack! Vingegaard attacked instead and Pogacar tried to follow but could not. Rewatch the video if you don't believe me.
They didnt go all that fast cause the overall time wasnt 2021 crazy and Vingegaard obliterated the record on the easier 2nd part of the climb from Chalet Reynard to the top

They didnt go all that fast cause the overall time wasnt 2021 crazy and Vingegaard obliterated the record on the easier 2nd part of the climb from Chalet Reynard to the top
If they did 'nt go all that fast then that sort of confirms what I said about Pogacar bonking, otherwise he would have followed easily all the way to the summit. My original point was Majka's role in the team (crisis management) which seems to have got lost.