• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vlad seemed to be pretty quiet this season, so far - but looked to be better last week in Leogang. Nice to see him get a big win, now to win a World Cup....

I've seen elsewhere people being rather critical of the course - I thought it was pretty good for a non World Cup/ new build course. I'm not sure what they're expecting.....they can't all be Mont Saint Anne. And they don't have unlimited money to build an Olympic course.

Vlad seemed to be pretty quiet this season, so far - but looked to be better last week in Leogang. Nice to see him get a big win, now to win a World Cup....

I've seen elsewhere people being rather critical of the course - I thought it was pretty good for a non World Cup/ new build course. I'm not sure what they're expecting.....they can't all be Mont Saint Anne. And they don't have unlimited money to build an Olympic course.
It looked like a fun course if for no other reason because it added some different things.

Had a look on Pinkbike of the entries; no sign of Van Empel, especially after a good Top 10 ride in the Euros. However, she is down on the Jumbo-Visma team for the Giro Donne, which I didn't see coming.
I think she was always penciled in for the Giro, I read something about that earlier in the year. After the Euros there would be an evaluation if pursuing mtb made any sense, with an eye to making the Olympic team. Which she probably won't. But she was always going to switch to road after June.

Reactions: jmdirt
What can you say about Nino; still the man to beat - now leading the World Cup, and he knows how to peak for Worlds.....

And I'm not really sure what to say about Puck.....Riding away from the best in the world for the 3rd week in a row - and after riding at the front of CX World Cups all winter......Dare I say it, but she seems to be even better suited to XCO than Cyclocross.

What can you say about Nino; still the man to beat - now leading the World Cup, and he knows how to peak for Worlds.....

And I'm not really sure what to say about Puck.....Riding away from the best in the world for the 3rd week in a row - and after riding at the front of CX World Cups all winter......Dare I say it, but she seems to be even better suited to XCO than Cyclocross.
It seems so, yes. Although she does win in the same way as she does in cyclocross: ride away from the gun and don't look back. What I find most striking is that in cyclocross she really comes alive when it's cold and muddy, so you'd expect her to be worse in heat... but she's not.