• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

14 year old tests positive for anabolic steroid

Don't assume its the coaches or parents doping the kid. A 14 year old kid is more than capable of doping himself, with steroids or recreational drugs. I personally knew many kids taking steroids in my high school years ago and the coaches and parents had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: noob
Re:

portugal11 said:
Italian riders are dopers since when they born... di luca, cippo, pantani, RICCO, piepoli...
Ha! You think it's just the Italians?

14 is about the age where kids start High School in the States, and when the foolish ones are introduced to steroids (if they haven't already started in middle school) to bulk up for sports. It's not at all uncommon at that age here, I would imagine it's not much different in any other western country...

Irondan said:
ngent41 said:
Don't assume its the coaches or parents doping the kid. A 14 year old kid is more than capable of doping himself, with steroids or recreational drugs. I personally knew many kids taking steroids in my high school years ago and the coaches and parents had nothing to do with it.
Agreed.

Same here.
Thirded! :) Especially some relatively weak, oral steroid like Mesterolone. A kid could easily get hold of something like that in a local gym or from a friend's older brother. Likewise, I've seen it happen before.

It might well not even be cycling related. Steroid use like that could easily be related to a body image issue, particularly these days.

GwaneTIme

BANNED
Sep 27, 2019
Visit site
It's terrible when a child is dragged into these games and doped with steroids. I think this is a thing that should be allowed from the age of 18 or even later. Because everyone knows that steroids change a person's hormonal system and have many side effects. If parents and coaches force a child to take steroids to achieve better results in competitions, then this is disgusting! Moreover, as far as I know, cycling is not a sport to take steroids, it is more suitable for bodybuilding or heavy sports. And if you have made a choice in favor of steroids, then you should be careful and correctly calculate the dose so that steroids will help you achieve good results without harm to your health. I found a good article on steroidcycle.org where there is a lot of interesting information about steroids. And if you follow the rules, everything will be OK.

Last edited:
No surprise really.

A conversation 15 or20 yrs ago with an old teammate, who is now one of the most powerful guys in the sport........we were discussing the famous one before he lost all of his titles.

"Oh jeez, he's been on the juice since he was 14 and doing triathalons"

Yeah i agree. Back when i was that age there were a bunch of kids in my class and football team doing a lot of different types of drugs including harddrugs. If i wanted to do that or something performance enhancing i would have easy access to that. Without any of the parents or coaches knowing.

TRENDING THREADS